Did You Know Crown of Glory Has an Outreach Committee?
For over a year, this committee has joyfully worked at building and strengthening Crown of Glory's connection to the community. The primary goal is to communicate and share information about Crown of Glory's worship services, family-focused events, small group ministries and partnership efforts with other faith-based community organizations such as Love Inc., Bountiful Basket, Furnishare and more.
With our expanded building established and new outreach ministries, we are well positioned to continue to increase our membership and serve the growing community.
Giving, growing and grace are happening at Crown of Glory!
Some of the new outreach efforts include:
- CoG now is listed in Welcome Neighbor (Carver County) on-line Directory of Churches and hard copy directory brochure which is delivered to every new household in Carver County.
- Weekly ads appear in local (Chaska, Shakopee, Chanhassen/Victoria) papers.
- An ad in the Discover Guide magazine (due out in August) is an annual magazine for Chaska/Shakopee/Chan targeted at those new to the community.
- An article was submitted to the new Neighbors of Chaska magazine --you may have seen CoG referenced by the feature family in their inaugural issue. We are also exploring providing a pastor-authored column to this publication on a yet-to-be determined schedule.
- Southwest Magazine is planning an article in their November issue.
- CoG's booth at Chaska River City Days was expanded, visually appealing and had lots of traffic--new ideas are already brewing for next year.
- The team chose to leverage the outreach goals with celebrating CoG's 50th Anniversary throughout this year. Several events focused on taking it to the people; a free rock painting event and a Bountiful Basket personal care collection. August Fare For All (August 23) is scheduled to coincide with a children's vision screening clinic (partnering with Preschool Place). And, there is still time to get that family photo with Flat Jesus and post it to Facebook!
- We've increased postings on Facebook pages, including Real Life in Chaska which has over 5,000 followers.
- The year-long 50th celebration will culminate with a “Drawn to the Word” special service, featuring nationally renowned pastor and artist, Paul Oman. November 11th -- be sure to mark your calendar.
- Facility aesthetic enhancements including inside signage and the Cross Wall display, significant improvements to the web page, e-blasts and general communications focus on making CoG inviting and better known to our members as well as the community.
The Future is Now
You are key to taking the message to where the people are:
Do you have ideas on how to welcome and encourage visitors and new members and inform them of all of our activities and groups available to help enhance their faith life? We continue to look for ways to reach not only Chaska residents but also Victoria, Carver, Shakopee and other growing communities with the collective goal of growing Crown of Glory into an even stronger and more vibrant church and community member.
If you are interested in helping with this ministry, please contact
, Church Council Vice President, or
Outreach Committee Member.