Jesus is coming!Our Chapel/STEAM/Admin Wing project Has Begun!
If you drive by the school, you will see the SERRA BLUE construction fence with trucks rolling in very soon. Just think, in one short year we will be blessed with the presence of the Blessed Sacrament in our Chapel along with an exciting new learning environment here on our campus!
Here's What's Happening This Summer:
- Installation of utility lines
- Parking lot work for new drain system
- Grading, grading and more grading
Look for more exciting construction news in July! You can follow us on Facebook and Instagram throughout the summer with more updates.
We Are So Grateful To The Following Staff And Wish Them All The Best In Their Future Endeavors:
Mrs. Lauren Maddaloni - Kindergarten Teacher
Mrs. Vigi Shannon - Instructional Assistant, Kindergarten
Mrs. Jennifer Todesco - 2nd Grade Teacher
Mrs. Elizabeth Oh - 3rd Grade Teacher
Mrs. Caitlin Andrews - Math & ELA Teacher
Mrs. Vanessa Modry - Spanish Teacher
Mrs. Suzette McCauley - Registrar
Mrs. Deby Mackey - Instructional Assistant, 4th Grade
Mrs. Cari Reyes - Yard Supervisor/Extended Care Aide
Mrs. Robin Doherty - Admin. Asst., Operations & Human Resources
Ms. Marisa Mascorro - Media Center Specialist
Mrs. Joanne Beal - Instructional Assistant, TK
The SJSC community is so appreciative of the hard work and dedication from these staff members who are seeking new life opportunities including retirement, family adventures or career changes. We have been blessed with their presence at St. Serra; please join me in prayers of thanksgiving and gratitude for their ministry here and continued blessings on their new adventures.
Please Watch For The July 31 Constant Contact That Will Include:
- Instructions to download our new SJSC app
- A listing of all staff including new staff and position changes
- Updates on the summer construction
- Exciting news for TK and Preschool
- Online Student Store ready to go
- More information on our *NEW* Sapphire Hot Lunch Program
- SerraStrong event - August 24 - be sure to save the date!
- Golf 2017
- Harvest 2017
Applications For Next Year Are Still Being Accepted In The Lower Grades! Do You Have Any Interested Friends Or Family?
As mentioned during the school year, we are changing the name of the 4-year-old classes to Pre-K. Pre-K is still part of preschool licensing. We are so excited to announce that we are adding an additional Pre-K class. Different day options will be available! Mrs. Jessica Wolf will be our new Pre-K teacher for the additional classroom. We are also adding an additional TK class and lowering the teacher/student ratio for TK, a direct result of staff and parental input. Mrs. Dottie Dennehy and Miss Angela Escudero will be our TK teachers. Our Early Childhood Program is exceptional --won't you recommend a friend!
For admissions information, please contact Shirley Merchant at email@example.com or by calling 949-888-1990, ext. 123.
Bootcamp Sign-ups Closing Fast - A New Adventure In Technology For Grades 3-8!
MANDATORY Laptop Bootcamp sign-ups for students entering Grades Three to Eight in 2017-2018 continue. Please note that some sessions have hit their capacity and are now closed. Please
to sign-up if you have not already done so.
Registration in Bootcamp sessions are first-come, first-serve, with a limit of 25 students per session. Bootcamps will be held on the St. Serra campus.
mportant information regarding Bootcamps:
- Students must attend the Bootcamp in order to check-out their laptop
- One parent must accompany students at the Bootcamp
- "Family" sessions have been scheduled to allow one parent to attend with multiple students from their family
- Each Bootcamp session will last 2-1/2 hours
- Morning, afternoon, and evening sessions will be offered
- Registration is required for Bootcamp; walk-ins will not be accepted
- Laptops are required when school begins
f your family will not be available to attend any of the dates listed above, please e-mail
mediately so that we can work with you to schedule your family on another date.
It's time for a little break for our wonderful year-round school staff.
All offices of St. Junipero Serra Catholic School will be closed starting Friday, June 30 and re-opening on Monday, July 17.
Have a safe and restful summer. Siempre Adelante!
God is Good All the TIme...All the Time God is Good.
Mrs. Angeline Trudell, President