March 11, 2020
The Jewish Federation of St. Joseph Valley remains dedicated to the health and well-being of our members, program participants, staff, and guests throughout our facilities. As we continue to follow ongoing developments regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19), we wanted to let you know that Federation programs and activities will continue as scheduled. We continue to monitor guidance, including that provided by the St. Joseph County Health Department, and if circumstances necessitate a change to Federation routines in the future, we will let you know.
While there have not been any confirmed cases of COVID-19 in St. Joseph county to date, we encourage our members, guests, and staff to follow local and CDC guidelines regarding everyday prevention. These guidelines include:
· Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol
· Avoid close contact with people who are sick
· Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care (if you have a medical appointment and suspect you may have COVID-19, you should call ahead to your healthcare provider before visiting to inform them)
· Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or use the inside of your elbow (throw away used tissues, and immediately wash your hands)
· The CDC recommends that protective face masks should only be worn if you are sick and you are going to be around other people (it recommends that you not wear a face mask if you are not sick or caring for someone who is sick, as face masks may be in short supply and should be saved for caregivers)
· Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily
Consistent with these guidelines, the Federation requests that if you are not feeling well or exhibit any symptoms of illness, please refrain from visiting the Federation until all symptoms have fully subsided. Similarly, if you believe you may have been in contact with someone exposed to COVID-19, please refrain from visiting the Federation until your possible infection has been ruled out. These steps are particularly important, given that individuals who may be highly susceptible to COVID-19 often visit the Federation building. From the Federation’s perspective, we have implemented a practice of heightened sanitation, including additional wipe-downs of high-touch surfaces throughout the building.
For additional information you might find helpful in your own individual preparations, you may wish to view the following local and national links:
We thank you for your cooperation and support.