My 75 year old father was recently admitted to the hospital and the doctor asked if he had a living will or health care directive. What is this?
A: A living will is also known as a healthcare directive or healthcare power of attorney (not to be confused with a power of attorney). A person will need this document when they are admitted to the hospital and cannot make decisions about their care for themselves. It gives another person, usually a family member the right, ability and power to make those important decisions about their medical care. C
all us at The Montgomery Law Firm if you need to have a healthcare directive prepared for you and a loved one.
Tell us what legal issues you want the Monday Morning Lawyer to discuss next? Send your thoughts to info@theMLawfirm.com.
Please call us to use our firm's newest concept - Urgent Legal Xpress!
The Montgomery Law Firm today at 704-749-3135 or email@example.com
to assist you with your legal needs in the following areas:
- Employment Law (EEOC claims|wrongful termination|discrimination|unemployment hearings|severance negotiations)
- Personal Injury Law (insurance claims|automobile accidents)
- Business Law (civil litigation|contract formation and review|business formation|dispute resolution/trademark|business strategy)
- Estate Planning (wills|trusts|power of attorney|healthcare power of attorney| secure document storage)
- Fashion Law (strategic fashion planning & development, seminars on issues of interest to fashion community, fashion employment practices, fashion trademark licensing)
"Meeting clients just where they are"
Book release 2016
The Montgomery Law Firm
6135 Park South Drive, Ste. 510
Charlotte, NC 28210
| Fax: 704-749-3136