Program Assistant - Culture and Information Section
The duties of this position include...
- Coordinating the Japan Exchange & Teaching (JET) Program, Japanese Government Scholarship (MEXT) Program and other exchange programs (i.e. recruitment, interview, orientation)
- Organizing Japanese cultural programs (i.e. Japanese cultural fairs, school visits)
- Promoting Japanese language and Japanese studies education (i.e. Japanese speech contests, seminars on US-Japan relations)
- Website management
- Other office administrative duties
- Strong interest in Japan and US-Japan exchanges
- Understanding of Japanese culture and intercultural communication skills; conversational Japanese language ability and working experience in a Japanese environment desired
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational, administrative and people skills
- Strong computer skills (website design and database management skills desired)
- Outgoing, flexible and creative personality
Please e-mail your resume to the
Culture and Information Section
Consulate-General of Japan
Monday, August 6th
About the JET Program
The JET Program seeks to help enhance internationalization in Japan by promoting mutual understanding between Japan and other nations. The program aims to enhance foreign language education in Japan, and to promote international exchange at the local level through fostering ties between Japanese youth and foreign youth. The Consulate is responsible for selecting and preparing participants from our five-state jurisdiction (AR, KY, LA, MS, TN).
Job Announcement PDF available here.