Apply Now for Executive Director
of The Farm at Prophetstown!
Reports to: Board of Directors
Be The Farm’s strategic leader in building a strong team of staff, board of directors, volunteers, and members, with focus on trends for the future. To build on the unique experience of educating, demonstrating and creating new opportunities to help in the success of The Farm and accomplishing the mission. Create opportunities that revolve around the 1920s farms as they began to transition from animal to tractor power, and the impacts on the land and in the farm home to make stronger partners and financial success. Partnering with community organizations and drawing on a wide range of resources and expertise that include beekeepers, master gardeners, farm experts, home economics experts, and historical resources, always looking towards future growth.
- A bachelor’s degree or equal leadership/management experience in one or several of the following- history, agriculture, education, communications, hospitality and tourism, management, or related field
- Five or more years of leadership experience
- Demonstrated familiarity with the non-profit sector either through employment or as a volunteer
- Solid hands-on budget management skills including consulting on budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, training, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of The Farm’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
- Strong public speaking ability
- Demonstrated experience in farm animal care and agriculture