Market Information, Analysis and Strategies You Can Use
Recent estimates suggest that U.S. hospitals are losing more than $1 billion dollars a day due to COVID-19 and that
up to 25% of U.S. hospitals could file bankruptcy, close or sell in the next 12 - 24 months
due to continuing weak revenue, COVID-19 structural changes, higher expenses and inadequate federal and health plan support -
unless critical early action steps are taken
. Join Sheppard Mullin, ToneyKorf Partners and Cain Brothers in a 90 minute discussion of:
- The state of U.S. hospitals today, who is at risk and concerning trends, drawing on Cain Brothers’ up to date assessment of the regional impact of COVID on the hospital sector and the likely impact of accelerated merger and affiliation transactions
- ToneyKorf Partner’s intriguing Pandemic Impact & Mitigation Strategy (PIMS) model to forecast the COVID-19 pandemic impact on hospital financial stability, and key early action initiatives to reduce insolvency risk
- Market transactions and opportunities highlighted by Sheppard Mullin that can transform hospitals and position them for successful recovery
This webinar will include an opportunity for audience discussion and presentations by the following industry experts:
- Eric Klein - Partner and National Healthcare Team Leader, Sheppard Mullin
- Jay Gerzog - Corporate Partner and Member, National Healthcare Team, Sheppard Mullin
- Carsten Beith - Managing Director, Co-Head of Health Systems M&A, Cain Brothers
- James Moloney - Managing Director, Co-Head of Health Systems M&A, Cain Brothers
, a boutique management and advisory firm that specializes in complex and volatile situations, leading organizations that are experiencing strategic, operational, or financial challenges
Sheppard Mullin’s Healthcare Team
, a 165+ attorney full-service, diverse national healthcare team with healthcare transactional, private equity, regulatory, health plan licensing, compliance, reimbursement, governance, fraud and abuse, payor and provider contracting, antitrust, tax, non-profit, financing, information technology, employment, HIPAA, artificial intelligence, cyber security, litigation, real estate, and other expertise
, a pre-eminent healthcare investment bank delivering innovative solutions and fresh ideas to clients in mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity financing, and strategic and financial advisory
Tuesday, May 19, 2020
10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. PT
12:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. CT
1:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. ET
Complimentary Program via Webinar
*Webinar details will be sent upon registration*
Continuing Legal Education (CLE)
This activity has been approved for Minimum 1.5 Continuing Legal Education credit by the State Bar of California. Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP certifies that this activity conforms to the standards for approved education activities prescribed by the rules and regulations of the State Bar of California governing minimum continuing legal education.
This program has been approved in accordance with the requirements of the New York State Continuing Legal Education Board for a maximum of 1.5 credit hour which may be applied toward the Areas of Professional Practice requirement, and is suitable for both transitional and non-transitional attorneys.
MCLE attendance certificates will be distributed following the webinar upon completion of an evaluation.
*You must attend the full webinar to receive credit.