BAD for GOOD PEACE TRAIN
This is a peaceful drive through Boerne to show solidarity among all the groups in this area that support democratic values and ideals. We want the people in Kendall County and the Hill Country to know that there are hundreds of us that stand strong for freedom and equal opportunity, civil rights, minority and women's rights, multiculturalism, and economic and social justice.
This event is for vehicles only; there cannot be any marchers or people walking, as this is not a march; it is a peaceful drive through town. We are simply going to drive up and down Main Street Boerne. Although the drive was inspired by the BAD for GOOD fundraiser, any person or group that supports democratic values and ideals is welcome to join us. Together, we can show a united front and make a difference!
Saturday, September 12, arrive at Walmart 9:00 a.m., train departs at 9:30 a.m.
Starting Location: Walmart parking lot, south side; please enter the parking lot via Waterview Drive (the street that goes by the Pizza Hut) and park in a space near the front of the lot.
Great news! The Boerne Police Department has offered to provide a police escort for us. They have requested a few small changes to the route in order to ensure our safety and to facilitate the flow of traffic. The police will lead us through town and back to Walmart. They will also block the intersections along Main Street so that we can proceed all together.
Arrive in the Walmart parking lot by 9:00 a.m. We will depart promptly at 9:30 a.m.
Please remember to wear a mask and remain socially distant in the parking lot.
When driving, follow the car in front of you. Stay in the LEFT LANE.
From the Walmart parking lot, we will drive north on Main Street all the way to 2 Fat Guys Automotive.
- At 2 Fat Guys Automotive, turn right on Commerce Ave, then turn left on Trade Ave.
- At the end of Trade Ave., turn left on Market Ave. and then turn left onto N. Main Street and continue south on Main Street to the Walmart parking lot.
Do not circle around Main Plaza; it is too congested and the police are concerned for pedestrians.
After the Peace Train concludes, many of us will meet at Veteran’s Park in Boerne so that we can mix and mingle and get acquainted. Please adhere to the COVID-19 safety requirements.
- Keep things respectful and peaceful.
- No horn honking.
- No loud music.
- No yelling or screaming from the vehicles.
- No hand signals, other than a friendly wave.
- Nothing may be thrown or tossed from vehicles.
- Do not stand up in a moon roof.
- Wear your seat belt at all times.
Vehicles may be decorated any way you choose but do not block your vision.
- Signs and banners for political candidates
- American flags
- Signs and banners for social and political causes and issues
- Balloons, paint, posters, flags - anything to draw positive attention
- Clothing that supports your candidates or causes is encouraged
We hope to see you at our Boerne Peace Train!