You rely on Georgia Watch to stand up for Georgians’ quality of life. Every day, your support helps advance consumer education and policy solutions to ensure equitable outcomes and justice for all Georgians. In 2018 so far, we have:
- launched the Georgia Financial Protection Coalition and hosted a Financial Protection and Economic Opportunity Summit with partners to spotlight disparities that exist in Georgia related to economic opportunity and financial well-being;
- stood up for Georgia consumers against efforts to weaken the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and its regulations;
- advocated for and celebrated the passage of bills that sunset the Nuclear Energy Financing Act, make credit freezes free, and allow victims of domestic violence to terminate leases without penalty fees;
- worked with the Department of Banking and Finance, Georgia Credit Union Affiliates and other stakeholders to successfully add amendment language to HB 780 that protects our existing state usury caps and payday lending ban;
- directly assisted nearly 50 consumers who contacted us for advice to deal with high utility bills, surprise medical bills and other quality of life challenges;
- through 10 educational workshops and webinars, informed more than 150 consumers about their rights when confronted with inequities and injustice in healthcare, energy and finances; and
- produced an online resource to help uninsured consumers access healthcare.
But our work for the year has only just begun! As we enter this second half of 2018, Georgia Watch will make sure that equity and justice for all Georgians remains our top priority. Help us continue championing Georgia consumers through education and advocacy.
to set up a recurring donation and #HelpUsWatch all year long. Your support matters!