There are four opportunities to attend Mass at the Cathedral this weekend. Click on a date/time to register. (Masses marked with * will also be livestreamed; scroll down for links!)
The Baptism of the Lord
We have put many precautions in place to make sure these celebrations are safe and comfortable. This is not business as usual! The following are important important instructions for those who wish to take part in Mass:
Registration is required, and registered persons will be checked in as they arrive.
Masks/face coverings must be worn throughout the Mass except when receiving Holy Communion. Your mask needs to cover both your nose and your mouth at all times.
- On arriving at the Cathedral, you will be greeted by staff who will check you in and show you your place for the Mass. You will NOT be able to choose your own place to sit, nor will you be able to move about the Cathedral once you have been seated. Household groups will be seated together. We thank you for your patience and understanding.
You will notice a number of changes to the Mass. All these changes are designed to ensure our safety as we gather together for Mass:
- The Sign of Peace will not be shared, and Communion will not be offered from the cup.
- Communion will be given only in the hand, not on the tongue.
- There will be no congregational singing.
- Because we are not able to gather or socialize following Mass, we ask that you depart quietly after the celebration.
Please remember that there is no obligation to attend Sunday Mass at this time. While we do our utmost to make the Mass safe, anyone who attends does so at their own risk. Particularly vulnerable persons are strongly encouraged to continue to shelter in place. Anyone who is experiencing any symptoms whatsoever, such as fever, cough, sore throat, muscle aches, MUST remain at home out of consideration for the health and well being of others.