Dear Community Member,
We are excited to invite you to our second Healing Conversation virtual discussion on Thursday, October 22nd from 7PM - 8:30PM. Healing Conversations are a monthly series that invites members of the community to engage with informed guest speakers and others on 7 different topics impacting our society today and how they relate to Moral Injury. Each discussion features a different topic.
This month's Healing Conversation topic will focus on Systemic Racism. Speakers and participants will have the opportunity to engage with the following questions:
- Have anti-discrimination laws been a deterrent to the increase of systematic racism? Why or why not?
- What are the residual effects of systemic racism?
- If you were trying to convince someone of the effects of systemic racism, what examples would you point to and why?
- How have you experienced systemic racism?
- In your view, how could systemic racism begin to be eradicated?
- What steps can we take?
- How do we make lasting actions combating systemic racism?
“The assumptions of white privilege and what we can do about it”
by Bryan N. Massingale
To register for this month's Healing Conversation, click on the link below: