- Aligns testing/visitation policy for facilities to federal guidance.
- Allows fully vaccinated new residents/readmits to bypass quarantine upon admission.
Changes to CRISP reporting - weekly vaccination data for residents and staff. Vaccination data is to be entered each Wednesday into CRISP. This data should include the number of staff, the patient census, the number of residents and staff that are fully vaccinated, and the number of residents and staff that have had only one dose. Please see this FAQ document from MDH about reporting vaccination data into CRISP for nursing homes.
- Adds to requirements of the facilities vaccination contact to:
- Ensure the vaccination data is updated weekly and posted in the facility for the public.
- Ensure that their facility establishes a relationship with a vaccine provider by May 30.
Since the new Maryland State Orders have been issued, we have several times alerted our HFAM Board, membership, and the sector with our colleague associations. Additionally, we have worked collaboratively with our state colleague leaders. We all want to get public reporting right. We also want to have actual data on vaccine availability for residents, patients and staff in our sector relative to LTC pharmacy partners, hospital partners, and National Guard Bridge Teams.
We need SNFs to accurately report via CRISP – we all want to get public reporting right. Yesterday, MDH sent a list of all SNF current reporting data to their SNF listserv. This list contains the vaccination data pulled from the Post Acute Care Form in CRISP after 11:00 AM yesterday (5/19/21). Please ensure that any highlighted fields next to your facility is corrected in CRISP by 11:00 AM on 05/20/21 (TODAY) to ensure that facility data is reported correctly. If the identified issues are not addressed then the public online dashboard will note- DNS (Data Not Sufficient/Submitted) next to your facility name.
Boxes highlighted in RED means no data was submitted for this category and needs to be updated in CRISP.
Boxes highlighted in YELLOW we request that you make sure that it is correct that for this week there are no Residents or Staff who have received ‘FIRST DOSE ONLY’.
The early data breakdown shows only 72 centers do not need to update their data; the remaining 155 centers need to review and/or update their data in CRISP no later than TODAY at 11:00 AM. Here is the rest of the topline initial reporting data:
- 3 centers did not report # of residents for the week
- 93 centers did not report # of staff for the week
- 36 centers did not report # of residents fully vaccinated for the week
- 35 centers did not report # of staff fully vaccinated for the week
- 99 centers did not report or potentially misreported # of residents receiving first dose
- 84 centers did not report or potentially misreported # of staff receiving first dose
Additional Action Item Reminders:
ACTION ITEM #1: As we have previously shared, it is a state priority for all nursing homes to register with ImmuNet. Once centers are registered, they can receive vaccines directly.
ACTION ITEM #2: It is urgent that clients of Remedi, OmniCare, and the MHA Pharmacy Collaborative finalize agreements as soon as possible to provide vaccines in the near term.
ACTION ITEM #3: As stated above, the updated MDH order for nursing homes requires each facility to identify a vaccination point of contact. In order to assist with this effort, please ensure your centers fill out this brief SURVEY as soon as possible. Again, this contact is responsible for ensuring that vaccination data is updated weekly in CRISP and posted in the facility for the public, as well as ensuring that the facility establishes a relationship with a vaccine provider by May 30.