Joint Communication to Carlsbad Businesses Regarding COVID-19
Urgent Public Health Information for Carlsbad Companies
Today, the County of San Diego updated its public health order and the number of reported coronavirus cases. There have now been 1,112 confirmed cases and 17 deaths in the county.
public health order
has been amended with new rules and guidelines. This includes provisions that directly affect businesses that are currently in operation. Here is what you need to know.
- Effective April 4, 2020, all employees who may have contact with the public in any grocery store, pharmacy/drug store, convenience store, gas station, restaurant, and other food serving business, or when making a delivery to a customer, are required to wear a cloth covering consistent with the California Department of Public Health Face Covering Guidance.
- If a business is essential and allows members of the public to enter their facility they are required to post a Social Distancing and Sanitation Protocol by 12 a.m. on April 7, consistent with this form.
- If you have questions regarding whether your business is essential, the state updates its list of “Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers” as necessary, so please review to determine the difference between essential and non-essential.
- The SDSP must be posted at or near the entrance of every facility so that it is easily viewable by the public and employees.
- All businesses are required to be able to provide evidence of its SDSP to any authority enforcing this public health order.
- If the SDSP measures are not effective in maintaining proper social distancing and sanitation, additional measures must be identified and implemented or the facility will be required to close.
Residents are urged to use bandanas, t-shirts or other improvised cloth coverings and leave N95 and surgical masks for those who need them most: our first responders and health care providers. The county has provided a
for face coverings if you do not have one available.