As I struggle coping with the "New Normal", I am trying to slow down, be calm, breathe and remember that life WILL go on and this too shall pass.
But this is easier said than done. I am easily distracted and easily bored. I am used to a crazy, fast-paced world! So I've made my list of coping skills.
Maybe something will be helpful to you.
And I would love to hear how YOU are coping!
- Read a Psalm in the morning BEFORE turning on the news
- Keep a prayer journal in these unprecedented times
- Send a card to encourage someone when they come to mind
- Go for a walk & look for hints of Spring
- Clean a closet or drawer every day
- Freshen up a room with a new color of paint
- Listen to music or play an instrument
- Make healthy soup & drop at someone's door
- Plan some day trips ~ pack a lunch & explore a new area
- Call and actually talk to a good friend (instead of texting)
And when this passes, perhaps we will be grateful,
re-energized and maybe even wiser ...
I hope so!
Stay well and get some rest,