Seven Layer Dip (Using Ingredients from the Five Food Groups)
| Kids Café of Winnfield Participants
Did you know?
- Kids (and adults) love this snack - It's the most requested at GFP's satellite gardens
- Preparing this dish with kids can be a great conversation starter about the five food groups.
- Kids (and adults) are surprised to learn that many of the foods we think of as vegetables are actually fruits!
1 31 Oz. can refried beans (Meat and Beans Group)
1 16 Oz. tray of prepared guacamole (or even better, make it fresh) (Fruit group)
1 16 Oz. carton sour cream (Dairy Group)
1 Cup shredded cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese (Dairy Group)
1 Can sliced black olives (Fruit Group)
2 Roma tomatoes chopped (Fruit and Vegetable Group)
2 Shallots chopped (Vegetable Group)
Corn tortilla chips (Grain Group)
1. Spread refried beans evenly on the bottom of a 9X12 baking pan
2. Spread guacamole evenly on top of the beans
3. Spread sour cream evenly on top of guacamole
4. Sprinkle shredded cheese over sour cream
5. Continue layering with black olives, tomatoes, and green onions
Use as a dip with tortilla chips