The OVCS Roundtable during the June VACAP meeting was packed with important information from the Virginia CSBG Office. We wanted to provide a recap of the information that was discussed in case you happened to miss the session.
- The ACSI Survey has been released, an agency representative should have received an email notification regarding the survey. Our goal is 100% participation by Virginia CAAs. The survey should take no longer than 30 minutes to complete and will remain open through Friday, July 14. The email would have come from "CFI Group on behalf of OCS". If you have not yet received the link or may have lost the email please email email@example.com.
- The application taskforce is working in collaboration with OVCS Staff to examine the current application and determine which documents are no longer needed and what needs to be created in order to meet new ROMA Next Generation Standards. Drafts of all materials will be sent to the network by mid-September for a comment period.
- We want to thank those who are involved on the application taskforce including:
- Megan McKinnon - People, Inc.
- Ann Angert - New River Community Action
- Alee Paine - New River Community Action
- Rolda Nedd - Arlington
- Kristen Moses - TAP
- Rayford Harris - Quin Rivers
- Ann Fisher - VA Cares
- Joyce Booker - LynCAG
- Michelle Bryant - STOP
- Chris Thompson and Mike Hawkins from Virginia Housing Development Authority provided attendees with information on the current VHDA programs and opportunities. There are several new funding opportunities including Capacity Support and Capacity Building Grants, Community Market Support, Homeownership Market Support, and Accessibility Grants. For more information on any of these opportunities please contact Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CSBG Reporter is currently working on developing a carryover feature. This will calculate carryover from the 2016-2017 program year and allow you to distribute it in your 2017-2018 budgets on CSBG Reporter. Further guidance on this will be sent once the feature is built.
If you have any questions on any of the topics and updates above please feel free to contact the office at
. To those who attended the roundtable, thank you for participating!