Arts Council~Haliburton Highlands
July 2018 Newsletter
July 2018 - News, Events, Workshops, Services and more
for being a new advertiser in our Directory
Please join Sharon Lynch of Stone Garden Pottery again at Friday's Stanhope Farmers' Market beginning June 22. Located on the North Shore Road beside the firehall, Sharon will be sharing a booth with Ron Lofthouse's honey and beeswax candles. There will be lots to see and choose from.
Sharon and Ron are also at Tuesday's Farmers' Market in Haliburton's Head Lake Park.
July 15, 2018
Highlands Summer Festival
2018 Events Listing
Name of Event: Romeo & Juliet
When: July 2-5 (7:30pm), 6 & 8 (2:00pm), 9 & 10 (7:30pm)
Not Quite Sherlock
When: July 11 & 12
When: July 16-19
Weimar to Vaudeville
When: July 25 & 26
The Dining Room
When: July 30-Aug. 2
Where: Northern Lights Performing Arts Pavilion - Haliburton ON
What: Classic theatre from the master of the stage, William Shakespeare
Wednesday July 18, 2018.
6th Annual Tall Pine Tales
Cottage Country Writers present a series of public readings
featuring talented writers from Muskoka and Haliburton County.
Wednesday July 18, 2018, 6 p.m.- 9 p.m.
The Community Room,
13523 Hwy.118, Haliburton
$25, includes Buffet/Presentations/Door Prizes
Master of Ceremonies: Mike Jaycock
Tickets: Sharon Lawrence @ 705-286-6276 or Pat Bett @ 705-455-9074
Finn Artists' Center
Summer School Oil/acrylic CLASSES
FINN ARTISTS CENTER
TWO 3.5 hrs SESSIONS PER WEEK
All day Tuesday
July 3rd to July 28th
- Studio Day Monday: 9:00 to 4:00 to paint with no instruction
- Gallery Group Show-of your work Opening August 11th 2018
- Membership Card- Discounts at selected Art Suppliers
COST- $295.00 for 8 sessions
phone 705.457.2404 For more information
The Haliburton Forest Woodshop
Artists in the Schools
The Haliburton & District Lions Club
The Minden & District Lions Club
Rotary Club of Haliburton
Parker Pad & Printing Ltd.
| photo by Jen Posti
You will find information on upcoming events, good news about members and opportunities for artists, performers, writers and organizations.
July 5; 6:30 pm
Making Music: The Luthier's Craft
June 23- Aug. 24
Haliburton Art and Craft Festival 2018
July 27-29, all day
Saturday July 28 1-5
Artist: Gwynneth Heaton
July 4 at his studio in Carnarvon 8:30 am to 12:30 pm
Mon. & Tues. 10-12 & 1-3, Boathouse Studio in Carnarvon
$10/class; 905-435-7785; email@example.com
Heritage Happenings-Discovering the Decades
uesday & Wednesday mornings
July & Aug., 10:30 am -12:00 pm
Lost Haliburton Boat Tours
Wednesdays in July & Aug. 1-3 pm
Playing with Natural Solutions
Thurdays, July 5 - Aug. 2, 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
Night at the Museum
Fri. July 6th & Fri. Aug. 24th starting at 7 pm
Jazz at the Museum VI
Saturday July 7th @ 7:30 pm
Haliburton County Historical Society
July & August watch for notices of Recognition Ceremonies for Historic Buildings and Sites.
Dig in Series: Intro to growing raspberries
July 5; 10-12
Apple Ladies Night: Pony Power Ladies Night
July 11 & 27; 6-7:30 pm
Outdoor Kids Camp week 1
July 15-20; 10 am - 3 pm
Plate Night Pottery for Adults
July 19; 6-9:30
Bat Box Building Workshop
July 21; 1 am -12 pm
Learn to Camp Experience for youth
July 25-27; 10 am - 3 pm
Casino Night Fundraiser
July 28; 7-11
Outdoor Kids Camp Week 2
July 29 - Aug. 3; 10 am-3 pm
Milkweed & Daylilies: July 27
Path of the Paddle: July 2, 23, 31
Making Moccasins: June 1, 2, 12, 23
Rock Hounding: July 3, 12, 16
Making Moccasins: July 2, 7, 16, 26
Glass Fusion: July 10, 26
Pedal Your Arts: July 3
Paddle, Explore & Dine: July 2, 21
Stray Cats: June 14, 28
Sip Swill and Savour: July 13, 24
Haliburton Rocks: July 6, 25, 28
Cattails: A Plant of Multiple Talents: July 7,
Gems beneath your boots: July 16, 24
Canoe like a Canadian: July 11, 25
Rock On!: July 7, 14, 21, 28
Bat Box Building Workshop
July 21, 10 am -12 pm
July 6 & 21: Open Mic with John Dawson -Dominion Hotel
Chris Smith 1 pm & Chadmire + Taylor 8:30 pm
Blaine Burnie Bluegrass Gospel Statesmen-Dominion Hotel
July 10: Bill Nadeau -Dominion Hotel
Custom Blend- Dominion Hotel
July 17: Gord Kidd & Fat Fingers Slimm -Dominion Hotel
July 3 & 24:
Jeff Moulton-Dominion Hotel
July 28: Ian Reid - Dominion Hotel
Check out the Dorset Rec Calendar events
Literary Arts Roundtable: Writer in Residence Survey
Registration is open and we'd love to have you with us! Over 70 new courses and 21 new instructors will blend with returning favourites in the exciting 2018 summer school program.
Alla Prima - Direct Painting, Aerial Dance - Creative Movement, Sculptural Sheet Metal Forming , Eco Art, Life Drawing & 3D Model Making, and Writing a Novel, to name a few.
The complete calendar is available online. Download it here.
Escape on your own or bring someone along with you - there's something for everyone.
Image: painting by instructor John Climenhage
297 College Dr.,Haliburton, ON K0M 1S0
705-457-1680 or 1-866-353-6464 ext. 3
If you know someone who would like to receive these listings, please have them forward their contact information to: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will put them on the list.
This information is provided to individuals interested in the arts in Haliburton County. Arts Council ~ Haliburton Highlands members may list news, events, funding, competitions, employment and volunteer opportunities, and services related to the arts in Haliburton County. Submission of materials to be distributed should be sent to email@example.com. Publication of materials will be made at the discretion of the editor.
Although every effort is made to ensure that information is accurately presented, the Arts Council shall not be held responsible for any errors or omissions which may occur. Individuals or organizations who submit information are responsible for the accuracy of the information submitted to the Arts Council for publication. If you wish to removed from this mailing list please click on the SafeUnsubscribe link that appears at the bottom of this newsletter.
Benefits of Membership
As a member of the Arts Council~Haliburton Highlands you receive:
What does the Arts Council do on members' behalf?
- FREE listing of your artist/studio/business/organization details in the Arts Council's online Directory and in the annual printed Arts Directory (25,000+ distribution) with your BRONZE level membership.
- Ability to purchase an enhanced listing in the annual Arts Directory (GOLD & SILVER level memberships).
- Exclusive events listing in monthly newsletter e-blast to approximately 1,000 recipients AND free listing of your events on the Arts Council website.
- Participation in promotional material mailing to Ontario Tourism Centres.
- FREE classified ads in monthly newsletter and on the Arts Council website.
- Ability to purchase your own e-blast to the Arts Council's database ($25 + HST per).
- Access to Arts Council credit card program (7.5% fee on sales) and wine glass rental ($4.20 per dozen + HST).
- Participation in the Artists in the Schools program.
- Use of Arts Council Membership logo on your promotional material.
- A vote at the Arts Council Annual General Meeting.
- Opportunity to be a Featured Artist on the Arts Council web site.
- Access to the Haliburton School of the Arts extensive resource library.
- Paid opportunities to participate/exhibit at Arts Council-sponsored community events.
- Compiles information for members about funding, resources, competitions, requests for proposals for artists and arts organizations and businesses.
- Acts a voice for arts, culture and heritage in Haliburton County. The Arts Council has representation on the Haliburton County Tourism Coalition and is involved in provincial and national arts organizations.
- Provides an information service to the public about the services, skills and products provided by members of the Arts Council. The Arts Council responds to requests for information by the public received by phone, mail or e-mail.
- Facilitates business-to-business connections among Arts Council members
- Collaborates with other organizations to promote the arts, culture and heritage.
If you are interested in donating to the Artists in the Schools program, donors receive a charitable tax receipt. Cheques can be made out to the Friends of the Arts in Haliburton Highlands and mailed to PO Box 931, Haliburton ON K0M 1S0. Alternatively, you may donate via PayPal.