Arts Council~Haliburton Highlands
July 2019 Newsletter
July 2019 - News, Events, Workshops, Services and more
for being an advertiser in our Directory
|Laurie O'Reilly: Earthscapes -an invitation to travel
June 29 - August 25
OPENING RECEPTION SATURDAY JULY 6 FROM 3 TILL 5 PM.
Meet the artist at our wine & cheese reception
Russell Red Records has a Summer Pop up Shop
Open 10 am to 6 pm.
Opening day is June 29th with door crasher deals on turntables & discounts on new and used records.
to view recent paintings of John
16 St Germaine st. Minden On.
Saturday June 29 - Monday July 1,
11am - 4pm.
Studio is open by appointment at other times. (705) 286-3037 for information.
ACHH Literary Arts Roundtable
It Takes A Village
Artists of Dorset
painting by Elizabeth Johnson
June 22 - July 20
15 King St., Bracebridge
The line up:
An Intimate Evening with Steven Page
The Slocan Ramblers
Collette Savard & The Savants
Tom Allen's Exosphere
The ARTSPACE @ 1513 Eagle Lake Road
Open Thurs. to Sunday 11 am - 4:30 until Thanksgiving.
Saturday, August 17: 2-5 pm
Paintings & fused glass pendants
1083 Elsie Bay Drive
12 minutes from Minden: #35 N from Minden, right on Horseshoe Lake Drive
Monthly watercolour workshop - 2nd Wed. 8:30-12:30
Halls Island Artist Residency Community Session 3 -Poetry Reading & Artist Talk with Anna Swanson & April White: Haliburton Museum 2-4 pm July 14
e-mail Joan: firstname.lastname@example.org
Seniors day on Tuesday... $5 off your order over $25
Haliburton Home & Garden Show
Hosted by Haliburton Curling Club: May 31st, June 1st & 2nd
Haliburton County Fair
Hosted by Haliburton Curling Club: June 8th
Hosted at Minden Community Centre: June 8th
| photo by Jen Posti
You will find information on upcoming events, good news about members and opportunities for artists, performers, writers and organizations.
The Haliburton Forest Woodshop
Artists in the Schools
The Haliburton & District Lions Club
The Minden & District Lions Club
Rotary Club of Haliburton
Parker Pad & Printing Ltd.
KENNISIS LAKE COTTAGE OWNERS' ASSOCIATION
ART ON THE DOCK
DONATIONS TO THE ARTISTS IN THE SCHOOLS & COMMUNITY ACCEPTED
Haliburton Sculpture Forest Tours
Tuesday: full tour 10 am-11:30 am
Wednesday: "Curator's Selection" Tour -12:10-12:50 pm
Thursday: Family Tour 10:00-11:30 am
|Tuesday July 9, 2019
Unveiling @ 4:30 pm reception to follow
First Saturday of each month; 1-3 pm
Heritage Happenings -Travels the World!
Tuesdays & Wednesdays July & Aug. 10:30 am-12:00 pm
Heritage Walking Tours
Tuesdays July 2nd to Aug. 13th; 6 pm
Lost Haliburton Boat Tours
Wednesdays in July & Aug. , 1 pm
Beginners Knitting Workshop
July 14, 2-4 pm
Games in the Glebe!:Thursdadys in July & Aug.
1:00 - 3:00 pm
July 4, 2019 @ 6:30 pm
EarthScapes: Laurie O'Reilly Exhibition
June 29 - Aug. 25
JULY 26,27,28 2019
Ontario & Quebec: Living for Landscapes
by San Murata
May 30- July 6
Halls Island Community Session Two -Community Poem Creation
Halls Island Artist Residency Community Session 2
Poetry Reading & Artist Talk
Annan Swanson & April White
July 14th: 2:00 -4:00 pm
"Rock our World" HHLT fundraising Dance
Aug. 9: 6:30-11:30 pm
Mon. & Tues. 10-12 & 1-3, Boathouse Studio in Carnarvon
$10/class; 905-435-7785; email@example.com
Haliburton County Historical Society
phone Larry Giles @ 705-754-0427
July 5, 12, 19, 26; 12:00- 1:00 pm
New Moon Soundscapes
July 2, 31; 6:30-8 pm
Storytime Craft in the Gardens
July 4, 11, 18, 25; 10- 11 am
Take the Lead: a leader in training program
July 10; 9 am - 4 pm
Forest Therapy Walk
July 10: 1:00- 3:30 pm
Taking the Reins Camp
July 22-26; 9 am-4 pm
Outdoor Kids Camp
July 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 29, 30, 31; 9:00 am -4:00 pm
A Brush in the Highlands:
July 12, 20, 28
Hills of Huntsville & Haliburton: July 21
Pedals, Pints, & Pubs in Haliburton County: July 14
Canoe Like a Canadian: July 1, 14,
Gears for Guilford: July 18
Rock Hounding: July 1, 5, 13, 14, 19, 24, 27, 28
How Does Your Cannabis Grow: July 13
Pedal Your Arts: Tour du Village:
July 5, 18, 31
Sip, Swill & Savour: July 9, 25
Tastes of Haliburton: July 5, 21,
How to Fall in Love with Nature: July 13
Gems Beneath your Boots: July 4, 7, 20, 26, 29
Dog Days of Summer: July 6, 20
Path of the Paddle: July 6, 15
Haliburton Rocks: July 6, 10, 22
E-Bike the Rail Trail: July 14, 26
Milkweed & Day lilies:
"Rocking our Country Canada Day Pre-Party-Gord Kidd & Friends
Nicholas Russell -Rhubarb Restaurant
June 30, July 1, July 2-4 & 5-9: Mary Poppins - Northern Lights Performing Arts Pavilion
July 10, 11, 12: Trudeau Stories -NLPAP
July 13: Slinky & the Boys featuring music of Jim Love -Dominion Hotel
July 15-18, 19-23:
Six Dance Lessons -NLPAP
Blue Monday with Morgan Davis-Dominion Hotel
July 24, 25, 26:
TorQ Percussion Ensemble -NLPAP
Ian Reid -Dominion Hotel
July 29-30 Aug. 1, 2& 4, 6-7:
The Ladies Foursome -NLPAP
Serendipity -Dominion Hotel
has bursaries available for adult as well as kid's courses.
We have a great selection of courses for kids from 4 to 10 years of age. They can attend for 1/2 days or full days, Monday to Friday and supervision is available at lunch.
There are also full day, Monday to Friday options for youth & teens. Youth classes are for 10 to 13 years of age and youth/teen courses are for 10 to 18 years of age. The majority of options are combined youth/teen with most students at the lower to mid range of the age scale.
705-457-1680/1-866-353-6464 ext. 3
| 7th Annual Tall Pines Tales
Cottage Country Writers present a series of public readings featuring talented writers from Muskoka & Haliburton County.
July 17, 2019, 5:30- 9 pm
The Community Room 13523 Hwy. 118, Haliburton, ON
$25 includes Buffet/Presentation/Door Prizes. Master of Ceremonies: Mike Jaycock,
Tickets: Sharon Lawrence @ 705-286-6276
Don't wait - space is limited in some of our summer courses! Try a Saturday workshop in something new or immerse yourself in a week of creative exploration. There are over 50 new courses this year, including:
- Indigenous History, Symbolism & Art with David Beaucage Johnson
- Art Making Drawing, Painting & Collage with Helen McCusker
- Music -An Introduction to Home Recording with Nicholas Russell
- Painting & Yoga - Painting from the Inside Out Sandee Ewasiuk
- Mark Making - Intuitive Explorations with Dagmar Kovar
- Macramé Workshop with Hannah Strand
- Knitting with Copper Wire Workshop with Sayward Johnson
1-866-353-6464 ext. 3
Be sure to pick up one of our new 2019 directories !
If you know someone who would like to receive these listings, please have them forward their contact information to: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will put them on the list.
This information is provided to individuals interested in the arts in Haliburton County. Arts Council ~ Haliburton Highlands members may list news, events, funding, competitions, employment and volunteer opportunities, and services related to the arts in Haliburton County. Submission of materials to be distributed should be sent to email@example.com. Publication of materials will be made at the discretion of the editor.
Although every effort is made to ensure that information is accurately presented, the Arts Council shall not be held responsible for any errors or omissions which may occur. Individuals or organizations who submit information are responsible for the accuracy of the information submitted to the Arts Council for publication. If you wish to removed from this mailing list please click on the SafeUnsubscribe link that appears at the bottom of this newsletter.
Benefits of Membership
As a member of the Arts Council~Haliburton Highlands you receive:
What does the Arts Council do on members' behalf?
- FREE listing of your artist/studio/business/organization details in the Arts Council's online Directory and in the annual printed Arts Directory (25,000+ distribution) with your BRONZE level membership.
- Ability to purchase an enhanced listing in the annual Arts Directory (GOLD & SILVER level memberships).
- Exclusive events listing in monthly newsletter e-blast to approximately 1,000 recipients AND free listing of your events on the Arts Council website.
- Participation in promotional material mailing to Ontario Tourism Centres.
- FREE classified ads in monthly newsletter and on the Arts Council website.
- Ability to purchase your own e-blast to the Arts Council's database ($25 + HST per).
- Access to Arts Council credit card program (7.5% fee on sales) and wine glass rental ($4.20 per dozen + HST).
- Participation in the Artists in the Schools program.
- Use of Arts Council Membership logo on your promotional material.
- A vote at the Arts Council Annual General Meeting.
- Opportunity to be a Featured Artist on the Arts Council web site.
- Access to the Haliburton School of the Arts extensive resource library.
- Paid opportunities to participate/exhibit at Arts Council-sponsored community events.
- Compiles information for members about funding, resources, competitions, requests for proposals for artists and arts organizations and businesses.
- Acts a voice for arts, culture and heritage in Haliburton County. The Arts Council has representation on the Haliburton County Tourism Coalition and is involved in provincial and national arts organizations.
- Provides an information service to the public about the services, skills and products provided by members of the Arts Council. The Arts Council responds to requests for information by the public received by phone, mail or e-mail.
- Facilitates business-to-business connections among Arts Council members
- Collaborates with other organizations to promote the arts, culture and heritage.
If you are interested in donating to the Artists in the Schools program, donors receive a charitable tax receipt. Cheques can be made out to the Friends of the Arts in Haliburton Highlands and mailed to PO Box 931, Haliburton ON K0M 1S0. Alternatively, you may donate via PayPal.