White Asparagus Soup
1 lb Asparagus peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces (save asparagus tips for garnish)
50 oz or 6 cups of salted water
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1oz flour and 1oz butter to make roux
1 pinch of white pepper or black pepper
1 pinch of nutmeg
1 pinch of paprika
1tbsp white wine or lemon juice
20g cold butter
1 egg yolk, with Mix 4 tablespoons of cream
Garnish: pinch of paprika, parsley, and asparagus tips
1. Boil the asparagus peel in water for 20 minutes to make a vegetable broth. Then strain and save broth.
2. Season broth with sugar, then place the asparagus pieces and simmer for 8-10 minutes. After 10 minutes remove asparagus and save for later.
3. Make a white roux with the butter and flour and cook for 2-3 minutes, then slowly add to the asparagus stock and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
4. Season with salt (if needed), pepper and white wine or lemon juice.
5. Add asparagus pieces to soup (not tips) and puree mixture then pour back in pot.
6. Whisk 1 egg yolk and 4tbsp heavy cream and add to soup on low heat. Then add the 20g of cold butter to soup as well.
7. Garnish soup with paprika, parsley, and asparagus tips. Serve warm and enjoy!
( Recipes translated from Ich helf Dir kochen)