Updated Irrigation Schedule
At the June 16 City Council Meeting, the City of Morgan Hill declared a Level 2 Water Supply Shortage effective immediately. The declaration comes on the heels of the Santa Clara Valley Water District Board’s announcing a water shortage emergency impacting the entire county.
Typical lawn and garden bed sprinkler irrigation is now limited to:
· Mondays and Thursdays for ODD numbered addresses and properties with no address
· Tuesdays and Fridays for EVEN numbered addresses
· Irrigation shall only be scheduled before 9 a.m. or after 7 p.m.
· Prevent runoff in any watering cycle
· Each valve or zone shall run for a maximum of 15 minutes in any one day
For businesses, limits now exist on automatically serving water at restaurants, hotels offering guests the option to decline daily linen service, and construction sites using non-potable water for most site activities.