It looks like summer is finally here! We are less than two weeks away from our Annual Chamber Golf Outing and you do not want to miss this premier summer event! We have a few spots available, if you have not signed up now is the time to register your team. The Golf Outing is Friday, July 12 at Auglaize Golf Club, if you have any questions please contact the Chamber office. The deadline to register is Friday, July 5.
At this year’s Golf Outing, you will see some of our classic games such as Longest Drive, Longest Putt, and The Ball Launcher. In addition to the old favorites, we will be featuring two new games, The DIXON Challenge and the Aurelius Driver Challenge sponsored by DIXON Golf, a high performance and eco-friendly National Golf Sponsorship company.
This year’s outing currently has over $2,000 in awards and prizes to be given away and the list continues to grow each day. This is a fun day for all and a great networking opportunity for your business.
As we continue to stay busy in the office we are currently seeking nominations for the 2020 Board of Chamber Directors, the deadline to nominate is July 10. The 2019 Annual individual awards for the Quality of Life, Michael A. Schultz Leadership Award and 4 Under 40 Awards, deadline for nominations is August 1
st and all nomination forms are included below.
The Chamber's Gift Check program is available to all Chamber members as a benefit of your membership. The Defiance Area Chamber of Commerce Gift Checks can do just that while keeping your hard earned dollars in our local economy!
Benefits in Participating:
- It’s good for our Chamber as we are able to offer an additional benefit at no charge to our members while promoting the local community.
- It’s good for our members as they take advantage of a free benefit that is designed to drive traffic through member’s doors as a result of our promotion of the program.
- It is great for our community, as this program promotes shopping local!
How to Redeem:
- Each Chamber Gift Check will come with a blank "Pay to the Order of" line. This line is for the merchant name that is redeeming the gift check.
- As the merchant, if a purchase is for a lesser amount than the value of the check, the merchant can give the customer the appropriate amount of change back or take the appropriate remaining balance and place it on an instore credit or gift card. The merchant then simply stamps the back of the Chamber Gift Check and adds it to their deposit.
- NOTE: Chamber Gift Checks can be redeemed for merchandise or services only. They cannot be redeemed for cash. Lost or stolen checks cannot be reissued.
All the Best,
Chris Van Scoder
Defiance Area Chamber of Commerce