The American Red Cross has a high priority need for volunteers in Knox County! Help us ensure Knox residents have the help they need in the face of disaster.
Disaster Action Team Service Associate Volunteer
To serve on a Disaster Action Team as a worker on a DAT response to provide 24-hour immediate support and assistance to individuals and families who have been impacted by a home fire or other local disaster.
1. Works as part of an assigned team to respond to local disasters within two hours.
2. Delivers immediate direct client assistance in accordance with Red Cross standards and procedures.
3. Works with on-scene lead to assess whether additional resources/support are required and communicates those needs to DAT Leadership.
4. Attends regularly scheduled team/DAT meetings as required by Chapter/Region.
5. Commits to being available during assigned shifts and communicate scheduling conflicts with DAT Leadership.