July Recipe of the Month:
Steak Sandwich with Creamy Horseradish Sauce
Ingredients for 2 sandwiches (adjust quantities as necessary)
2 - 6 oz. Tenderloin Steaks or other steak of your choice
Louie's Pretzel Buns
Fresh Arugula, Lettuce, or Kale
1/4 cup Olive Oil
1 tsp minced Garlic
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
2 tbsp Brown Sugar
1 tbsp Soy Sauce
2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
A pinch of red pepper flakes
2 tbsp Mayonnaise
3 tbsp Sour Cream
1 Garlic clove, minced
1.5 tsp Lemon Juice
1.5 tsp Horseradish
1. Mix the marinade ingredients together in a bowl and whisk them. Marinate the steaks for at least 2 hours (overnight works great).
2. Make the horseradish sauce. Add all ingredients in a bowl and whisk together. Cover and put in the refrigerator until using.
3. Cook the steaks to your preferred doneness, either grilling or in a hot skillet. Rest steaks for about 15 minutes after cooking. Then slice the steaks to prepare for your sandwiches.
4. Toast the pretzel buns briefly on the grill or skillet.
5. Make the sandwiches by covering the pretzel buns with the horseradish sauce. Add the sliced steak and top with the arugula/lettuce/kale.
Do you have a recipe you think we should feature as a "Recipe of the Month"? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org and you might see it in a future newsletter!