We're hiring a part-time Marketing and Event Planning Assistant! Apply today to join our team!
The Bardstown Main Street Program was organized to help revitalize downtown Bardstown and is appropriately tailored to meet our community’s local resources, conditions, and needs. We strive to not only promote and encourage community members and visitors to visit our downtown area, but to also support the local businesses and organizations that have joined the Main Street Program. Our downtown is the heart of the Bardstown community, and we are looking for an enthusiastic, passionate individual to help take the Bardstown Main Street Program to the next level!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Support and assist the Executive Director in marketing, advertising, and promoting members of the Main Street Program.
• Aid in planning, implementing, and monitoring marketing and advertising campaigns set forth by the Executive Director.
• Assist in the organization and coordination of Main Street events such as the Bourbon City Street Concert, Arts and Craft Festival, Cheers to Bardstown, and more.
• Create content, monitor, and manage various social media platforms, the Bardstown Main Street website, and other marketing programs.
• Maintain ongoing communication with local advertising outlets such as the newspaper, radio, TV, and graphic design companies.
• Interact with both business owners’ community members in the downtown area.
• Attend monthly meetings with the Board of Directors.
• Help keep the look and feel of downtown welcoming and appealing by assisting with our Main Street beautification.
• Answer phones and respond to emails in a timely manner.
• Assist in office related duties as needed.
• Exhibits professionalism in personal appearance and attitude.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty in an efficient and satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are a representation of the knowledge, skills and abilities expected and required for this position.
• Familiarity with social media platforms, website management, and advertising techniques.
• Comfort with multi-tasking in a high energy and deadline-driven environment.
• A basic understanding of business and marketing concepts.
• Flexibility to assist with events hosted by the Main Street Program. This may require evening and/or weekend work.
• Proven computer skills. Have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, Excel, and Word.
• Must be able to establish business interpersonal relationships with others inside and outside of the organization.
• Strong organization and communication skills.
• Must be able to adapt to change and exhibit problem solving and critical thinking skills.
• Must be willing to perform all duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
• High School Diploma or GED certificate.
• Marketing and Advertising experience preferred.
• Experience event planning and organization preferred.
• Demonstrated experience managing social media platforms.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
• Up to 20 hours per week. Days and times may vary depending on events.
• Bi-Weekly pay at $12/hour. With potential bonus opportunities.
• Normal office environment.
• Walking downtown to interact with businesses and community members as needed.
• Standing, bending, and lifting up to 30 lbs. (Mainly when setting/cleaning up for events)
• Extended view of computer screen.
*All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions for which reasonable accommodation will be made. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation.*