Who doesn't love ice cream on a sunny day? Dogs generally find frozen treats irresistible. Because human ice creams can contain harmful ingredients and doggie ice creams are often pricey, why don't you try to prepare homemade versions of these frozen delights to help Fido keep cool and happy!
Just don't add sugar as it's not good for your pooch, and use yogurt with active cultures instead of dairy products. With these healthy, mouth-watering treats, your dog is sure to plant a big, wet, cold-tongued kiss on your cheek!
Flavorsome Ice Cream Recipes for Fido
A. Strawberry Ice Cream
· 1 small tub of fresh strawberries
· 3 or 4 cups of low/non-fat, plain yogurt
1. Mash the strawberries using a potato masher.
2. Mix strawberry mash with yogurt and then freeze overnight.
B. Carob Chip Ice Cream
· 2 six-ounce containers of low/non-fat, plain yogurt
· 1/3 cup of carob chips
· 1 tbsp. of honey
1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until well-combined.
2. Pour them into cupcake liners or ice cube trays.
3. Freeze until solid.
C. Ice Cream Cloud Nine
· 1 ripe banana
· 1 cup of peanut butter
· 2 cups of natural plain yogurt
· 2 tbsps. of honey
1. Mash the banana and then stir it into the natural yogurt.
2. Warm the cup of peanut butter using a microwave or stove until it's easy to stir.
3. Add the banana and yogurt mixture and the honey to the softened peanut butter.
4. Mix all ingredients until well-combined.
5. Pour the mixture into a non-stick container and then freeze overnight.
Take treating your dog a step further by turning it into an ice cream sundae party!
Ice Cream Topping Safe to Use
· A spoonful of applesauce
· Some dribbles of honey
· Bits of crispy bacon
· A sprinkle of rice crispies
· Dashes of toasted sesame seeds