From virtual programs and classes to activities and events, here are just some of the ways we are working to improve your health and well-being:
· Our popular Fitness in the Parks program is now back for its 10th season. Join us all summer long at parks across Western New York for free outdoor and online fitness classes, led by YMCA certified instructors.
· Nearly 400 GPS-enabled Reddy Bikes are available for short-term rent to help you commute to work, visit your favorite park or take a leisurely ride through the streets of Buffalo and Niagara Falls.
· Join the weekly community Slow Roll bike rides every Monday night through October 25. All ages and skill levels are encouraged to ride and explore Buffalo by bike.
· Explore the Outer Harbor with kayak and bike rentals at Wilkeson Pointe, the 3-mile Independent Health Wellness Trail and the Lakeside Bike Park.
· Beat the summer heat with kayak, hydrobike, paddle board rentals, as well as ziplining and other adventure activities at Buffalo RiverWorks.
· Visit the Tifft Nature Preserve for an exclusive guided nature experience. Private tours allow you to explore the sights and sounds of Tifft, led by knowledgeable volunteers.
· Find ways to eat healthy in the community and at home through the Healthy Options program. More than 250 restaurants and food trucks with heart-healthy menu items plus at-home cooking tips and recipes.
In addition, Independent Health members can receive exclusive discounts by simply showing their member ID card. Discounts apply to select community partners, including Reddy Bikeshare, Outer Harbor and Buffalo RiverWorks.
To check out all the fun ways we are helping Western New Yorkers stay active through our partnerships within the community, visit www.independenthealth.com/events.