Quest will be held this year but in a very different location format. The past two Quest have been in a centrally located church and bringing everyone together. However, as we are transitioning in Covid-19 protocols in schools and across the state, our Children’s Council decided to have Quest but send it out to you all instead of bringing everyone to one place.
Quest is written to foster a culture of call for fourth through sixth grade. Therefore, the year three curriculum focus on these four areas.
Year Three: Serving God
I am a Disciple
I am a Servant
I am a United Methodist
I am a Leader (God Calls Me)
When you register your church for FREE in August, you can plan to use the curriculum and materials when you like. Melinda Shunk will send out all materials to those churches that register by September 1, with boxed materials sent out on September 13, 2021.
What you can do with the Quest Curriculum and materials:
· Collaborate with another church in your district and plan a one-day Quest event for the tweens.
· Use it as a 4 Sunday or Wednesday night curriculum with your 4-6th graders.
· Use it once a month as a particular Sunday focus.
· Save it for a retreat you want to have for just the 4th-6th grade.
· Add it to your Confirmation class when you talk about discipleship and vocational call.
What you get in your Quest Curriculum materials box:
· All four printed lessons.
· Links to pre-recorded Opening and Closing worship by the Quest band.
· Links to pre-recorded lessons by Deacons and Pastors introducing the scripture, task, and activity.
· Most materials for the games.
· Key elements of the craft supplies.
· Color Printed Room signs with the name of each lesson. Quest logo available for digital promotion for your church.
Our prayer for this year’s Quest approach:
· Children are kept healthy in their community.
· You can collaborate with another church in your community and build relationships among volunteers and students.
· It is a helpful curriculum resource for you this fall.
· It fosters interest in your church attending Conference Quest in 2022.
· Most importantly, your students learn that a most loving God calls them to be Disciples who make Disciples.