Reston Hospital (HCA Virginia) is working to assist those who find themselves without health insurance coverage for their families.
The company has
established a free hotline to assist those who have lost health insurance coverage to secure temporary coverage while they are unemployed.
Call the hotline at 833-867-8771, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Hotline advisors can discuss eligibility and advocacy services appropriate for a variety of scenarios, such as:
- Continuing an employer's existing plan for those who have recently lost a job (COBRA and other options)
- Applying for coverage via a spouse's benefit program
- Resources that may help offset the costs of health insurance
- Medicaid for those that meet certain criteria
- State and federal health insurance exchanges (such as the Affordable Care Act), and how to enroll due to a life changing event like job loss
These services are offered free of charge. HCA Virginia is not representing any other company or selling insurance plans.