Save the Date for Celebrate Gloucester Day 2022
Saturday, September 3rd, 2022 is the Inaugural “Gloucester Day” in our community. This is a day to celebrate our own “Land of the Life Worth Living,” and the many aspects of our community that make it special to YOU!
What aspects of Gloucester do you treasure?
- The abundant water, rivers, and creeks?
- The lush parks, green spaces, and farmland?
- Our vibrant volunteerism and sense of community involvement?
- The many avenues for recreation, exercise, and sport?
- Our vivacious local art scene with galleries, murals, and the new LOVE sign?
- The feeling you get when you stroll the historic Gloucester Main Street and Village, perusing retail shops and restaurants?
- Our rich and expansive local history, and the roll that our County plays in important regional, state, and national history?
- The many local options for delicious and fresh fare, prepared in a variety of ways across the county?
- Our gorgeous native or historic flora, like daffodils, and our famous festival that bears it's name?
- Our amazing and robust business community that serves the needs of our local residents, and bolsters our thriving economy?
How can YOU participate in Gloucester Day? In a variety ways!
- Reflect on your own love of Gloucester County, and how you celebrate your everyday lives here.
- Tell us all about it!
- Participate in the "12 Bells at 12" and ring any bell you want at 12 p.m. on Saturday! You will be a part of a GLOBAL Gloucester Bell ringing! Even the bells at Gloucester Cathedral in England! How cool is that?!
- Contact Gloria Williams, Community Engagement and Public Information Manager for Gloucester County Virginia at email@example.com for more ways to participate with your church, civic group, business, family, or organization!
The opportunities are endless!
Other like-named communities of Gloucester will be celebrating in their own ways, as well.
Stay tuned for more information as it becomes available!