Dear Business Representatives,
The County of Santa Clara announced on Monday, June 1, 2020, an updated Shelter-in-Place Order will go into effect at 12:01 am on Friday, June 5, 2020, and will remain in effect until the Health Officer amends or rescinds it.
The June 5th Order allows several new categories of businesses and activities to reopen, subject to specific conditions and limitations, and keeps key restrictions in place by requiring people to stay in their homes except when engaging in certain essential or allowed activities. Therefore, Shelter-in-Place remains in effect.
The new activities and businesses allowed to reopen under the updated Order are explained in Appendices (Additional Businesses)
and (Additional Activities)
while new changes related to construction activities can be found in Appendices (Small Construction Project Safety Protocol)
and (Large Construction Project Safety Protocol)
to the Order.
Subject to social distancing protocols and COVID-19 related safety requirements, the following types of new businesses can reopen under the updated Order:
• Outdoor dining at restaurants and other facilities that prepare and serve food, subject to limitations/social distancing;
• Retail and shopping centers for in-store shopping, subject to limitations/social distancing;
• Childcare, summer camps, summer school, and all other educational or recreational programs for all children, in stable groups of up to 12 children;
• All manufacturing, warehousing, and logistics, subject to limitations/social distancing;
• House cleaning and other no-contact in-home services;
• Low contact/no contact service businesses such as shoe repair, watch repair, and other similar services, subject to limitations/social distancing; and
• All pet grooming.
There has been no change to the
Social Distancing Protocol
(Appendix A) businesses are required to implement under the updated Order, meaning businesses must still continue to implement all applicable measures listed in the Social Distancing Protocol.
Below are the June 5, 2020 updates and updated Appendices:
If you have any questions related to the June 5th Order or need business assistance during COVID-19, please do not hesitate to contact the Office of Economic Development team by sending a message anytime to
In community spirit,
Economic Development Director
455 E. Calaveras Blvd., Milpitas CA 95035