Join us for refreshments, socializing, and a demo by artist Behnaz Sohrabian. There will also be time at the end to share, so bring something you've been working on or information about your upcoming event.
Born and educated in Tehran, Iran, Behnaz Sohrabian
discovered her love of art as a small child, developed a passion for painting and began her professional career at the age of 10.
Behnaz has earned a BS in Applied Chemistry, a BA in
Painting and a Master of Arts in Art Studies. After completing her master's degree she immigrated to the United States in 2010 to be near her family.
"My work is about me, my life, being a woman and the struggles that women still face in this era," Behnaz shares. "I paint women as people - strong people with depth and power. I paint them as delicate and sensitive, but never weak."
ons & Events
With a commitment to inspire and empower women everywhere, Behnaz's work has been featured in art shows around the globe including these exhibitions and events:
* The 4th Painting Bienal, Iran, Tehran, 1997
* The 5th Annual Painting of Iranian Woman - Niavarn Art Gallery,
Tehran [Manifestation of Feelings], 1998
* 1st International Drawing Exhibition of Iran, Tehran. [Museum of
Contemporary Art] - Honorable Mention, 2000
* UN, Amman, 2002
* Turkey, 2006
* Art Expo, Tehran-Iran, 2008
* Atlanta Merchandise Mart Georgia, USA, 2009
* 50 Penn Place Art Gallery, USA, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2
* Oklahoma Art Guild, Friendly, Winner of the 1st Place, USA, 2011,
* 57th Annual Art Show OAG, Winner of 1st figurative/portrait, 2012
* National Water Media Oklahoma [36th Exhibition], 2013
* Fine Art Institute in Edmond, 2012 to 2015
* Best of show at 60th Annual Member Show, 2014
* Solo Show at JRB, USA, 2014, 2015, 2016
* Small Art Show at Paseo, USA, 2011 to 2016
* Excel Auction [National Cowboy & Western Her
itage Museum and Noble Center], 2012 to 2015
* White Show at JRB, USA, 2013 to 2016
* 21st Annual Art Show Inetgris Cancer Institute, USA, 2015
* Art Mart at Focus on Home, April 2016
* Merit Award at PAA Show, 2016
* 31st Texas & Neighbors Regional Art Competition -
Honorable Mention, April-May 2016
* Batesville, Arkansas BAAC Gallery, April-June 2016
* Harrisonburg, Virginia VMRC Juried Art Exhibition, May-June 2016
* National Art League 86th Annual Juried, May-June 2016
* 61st Annual 2016 Irving Art Association Members Juried
Exhibition, Best of Show, May 2016
* PAA Show, Feb 2017
* 32nd Texas & Neighbors Regional Art Competition, 3rd Place
Award, April 2017
* Batesville, Arkansas BAAC Gallery, April 2017
* National Art League 87th Annual Juried, 2nd Place Award, May 2017
My aim is to paint simply. Apply easy brush stokes.
Emphasize light and shadow and the dynamics between the subject and background. I choose varied subject matter to convey the concept of femininity with simplicity, natural beauty and inspiration. Women, flowers and mother earth symbolize the essential power of creation in our world. They interact with an intentionally sensuous dance that expresses the process of fertility and reproduction, strength and compassion. My art explores the drama, texture and wonder of this creative process.