Placement Coordinator Based in Oneonta - Full time for a Workforce Development Board grant-funded 4 year Information Technology & Cybersecurity Project
Serving 9 surrounding counties in NYS.
This position will focus on Chenango, Delaware & Otsego Counties.
Job Description: Initiate and maintain ongoing personal contacts with a variety of businesses and industry representatives and job placement/training agencies to promote the One Workforce Information Technology & Cybersecurity training grant. Make cold calls to potential employers; explain the benefits and employment support services provided by programs to employers, including addressing employer’s special needs. Research newspapers, employment agencies and other resources for job leads; locate jobs for participants who have successfully completed training in IT/Cybersecurity. Collect data from local employers related to job orders including job requirements and skills, match job skills with applicant’s qualifications; refer qualified applicants to employers and conduct necessary follow-up when applicants are in positions. Recruit participants from the Chenango, Delaware & Otsego region to support training in the IT/Cybersecurity field. Keep updated regarding job fairs and internet resources, work with the local One Stop Career Centers for workshops and training programs that participants can access. Maintain contact with employers & training providers during the participant’s employment/training and report results to appropriate staff. Provide program information to various businesses and update information as needed, provide networking opportunities between agencies to make sure participants receive all the necessary resources to be successful in their new employment, make sure program flyers are distributed into the business community to market career training opportunities.
Monday – Friday 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Health & Dental Insurance
Employer contributed matching 401 K
Two weeks’ vacation & holidays
Integrated Community Alternatives Network (ICAN) is hiring Kids Otsego Service Coordinators
Job Description: Integrated Community Alternatives Network (ICAN), a Community-based WRAPAROUND provider of Social and Mental Health services with emphasis on treating the client in a family context, is currently seeking innovative and experienced applicants to fill multiple Kids Otsego Service Coordinator positions in the Kids Otsego program.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Conducts outreach to engage clients and assist families with an understanding of agency philosophy and policies.
• Responsible to travel within the county and meet with clients within homes and schools.
• Links clients and their families to appropriate resources and services in a timely and coordinated manner.
• Assists the client and family with the development, implementation and monitoring of their individualized service plan of schedules meetings to review, revise and discuss such plans as required.
• Schedules monthly team meetings with the family, service providers and any other individuals identified as a team member.
• Acts as a liaison between client and family, agency personnel, DSS staff and other service providers as necessary and appropriate.
• Provides advocacy for the development of services and resources that do not currently exist within the community but are deemed necessary.
• Identifies and utilizes both formal and informal community supports and networks.
• Completes all required documentation in a comprehensive and timely manner as required by DSS and KO regulations including mandatory face-to-face contacts.
• Attends agency in-services, workshops and seminars as required.
• Attends family court as necessary.
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in human services or mental health field from four-year college or university.
• At least two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Competitive salary with excellent benefits, with a sign-on bonus opportunity. Normal work day hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm. ICAN is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Location: 197 Main St., Cooperstown, New York
Pay: $40,000.00 Yearly
Benefits: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vacation, Retirement/Pension
Hours per Week: 40 - Duration: Full Time, Regular
Driver Licenses, Including Endorsements: Class D (Operator)
Electron Coil is hiring a Quality Control Manager in Norwich
Job Description: Working management position. Troubleshoot, maintain, repair and calibrate test equipment. Assist with product development and testing. Manage activities related to Quality Management System and AS9100 including but not limited to document and monitoring performance to AS9100 Standards through periodic audit scheduling and performance, make continuous improvements to Quality System to ensure conformance to AS9100 and other regulatory requirements. Oversee duties of inspectors, write procedures and revise as necessary. Perform First Article inspections. Skills Needed: Communication, Supervision, Electrical Background, and Ability to work in a team environment. Minimum of 2 year Degree in electronic systems or management or 5-7 years of related experience. Knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Excel and Word.
Benefits: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vacation, Sick Leave, Holidays, Retirement/Pension
Duration: Full Time, Regular
Work Days: Monday thru Friday
Shift: First (Day)
Minimum Education Required: High School Diploma
To apply, contact the employer by mail, fax or email:
141 Barr Road
Norwich, NY 13815
Fax: (607) 334-9076
Town of Maryland is hiring a Lifeguard
Job Description: The Town of Maryland is looking for a Lifeguard to staff our summer swimming program at Schenevus Lake. The program will start on July 3rd and run until Labor Day. We plan to run the program Wednesday through Sunday from noon to Six PM. Lifeguard and CPR certificates needed.
Job Location: Schenevus, New York
Pay: $20.00 - $20.00 Hourly
Hours per Week: 29
Duration: Part Time, Temporary
Work Days: Wednesday thru Sunday
Minimum Education Required: GED
To apply, contact the employer in person, by mail, by telephone, or by email:
40 Main St.
Schenevus, NY 12155
Phone: Barton, Steven (607) 638-9295