Anyone can benefit from talking to a professional, but if you’re feeling really low, it might be time to prioritize it. Jennifer Mann, a psychotherapist in New York City, created a quiz to help you gauge where you’re at:
- Have you had difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep in the past few weeks?
- Do you catch yourself obsessing over getting sick?
- Are you constantly worried about worst-case scenarios?
- Have you been feeling hopeless lately, to the point where everything—work, friends, future plans—feels pointless?
- Are you disinterested in things you normally enjoy?
- Have you been ignoring friends and family?
- Do you have increased feelings of anxiety, sadness, or anger?
- Have you started changing your behaviors out of fear?
Did you answer yes to more than two of the above? If so, now may be the time to consider talking to someone. Nothing is “wrong” with you, but it’s been a rough few months, and you deserve to focus on yourself.