We are excited to report that through the Keys to Housing campaign, we raised enough funding to assist 18 families and individuals to obtain permanent housing!
THIS UNIQUE FAMILY PROMISE OF MORRIS COUNTY PROGRAM implements the strategy of employing licensed social workers to help families and individuals build a sustainable community by addressing housing, child care, job training, employment, financial literacy, physical and mental health, and legal issues. Activities include:
• Gathering/analyzing tenant information
• Organizing and leading housing searches
• Developing/maintaining positive relationships with landlords who own or manage safe, well maintained, affordable housing
• Assisting landlords with expenses related to inspections
• One-time cash and in-kind incentives to landlords upon lease signing
• Providing our Financial Literacy and Good Neighbor training workshops
Though there is still more to be done, we are thrilled to know that the Morris County community supports their neighbors in their time of need!