The General Assembly recently passed a budget that maintained FY20 funding levels, a victory in times like these! Here are some highlights:
- MAP funded at FY20 levels ($451 million)
- AIM HIGH funded at FY20 levels ($35 million)
- Public university and community college operations funded at FY20 levels
- $31 million from the governor’s federal emergency education relief funds to the Illinois Board of Higher Education and $19 million to the Illinois Community College Board
- College emergency grant program created (not yet funded)
Because of our collective advocacy efforts, students and their families will continue to receive support in a critical period. Investing in our future workforce is paramount to our recovery!