October 12, 2020
When we developed our Reopening Plan this past summer, we knew we would need to be flexible and also knew the plan would need to change and adapt to the conditions around us. We are fortunate that in Cuyahoga County over the past two months conditions have not only stabilized, but improved.
Therefore, per the communication sent out on Saturday, October 10, 2020, we are planning to return our K - 8 grade students back to an in-person, five day a week model at the start of the second quarter, October 26, 2020.
Below are some details:
- Those parents who do not wish for their child to return to five days a week in-person instruction will continue with the same remote instruction the student has been receiving.
- Those parents whose children are part of the Traditional Learning Option who do not wish to return to five days a week instruction will be able to select the At Home Remote Learning Option.
- Please note that if your child switches from the Traditional Learning Plan to the Remote Learning Plan they will have a change of classroom teacher(s).
- The District will follow the American Academy of Pediatrics recommendations of social distancing at 3 - 6 feet.
- Mask wearing by all students and staff.
- Continual cleaning of touch points on surfaces throughout the buildings.
You can read about the specifics in the revised plan by clicking here.
In order to facilitate the staffing, we are asking that you make a declaration of how you will have your child receive instruction for the entire second quarter. To allow us time to properly staff our programs, we ask that you complete this by Wednesday, October 14, 2020.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work through this process. Please contact your building principal for specific questions related to the processes and procedures at the building.