Mandatory masks extended till April 28th.
As of 11:59 pm April 5:
• The Public Health State of Emergency will be lifted
• No limits on personal or organized gatherings or sport and recreational activities
• No capacity limits for wedding receptions, funeral receptions or stand up receptions
• Businesses, including retail operations, gyms and fitness facilities, museums and libraries can operate at full capacity
• Food premises and licensed establishments can operate at full capacity
• COVID-19 testing will be voluntary at the Confederation Bridge until April 28th
• Asymptomatic close contacts of positive cases are not required to self-isolate (if isolating away from positive cases)
• Close contacts who are symptomatic, like all other residents of PEI, should continue to be tested at a Health PEI clinic, and isolate until the results are available
• The Test to Stay Program will be rescinded.
The Public Health State of Emergency will be replaced with an order under the Public Health Act beginning tonight at 11:59 pm until April 28, mandating the following:
• Individuals who test positive for COVID-19 will continue to be required to self-isolate
· Those who are fully vaccinated and children under the age of five will be required to isolate for 7 days from the onset of symptoms or their positive test
· Individuals over the age of five who are not fully vaccinated will be required to isolate for 10 days from the onset of symptoms or the date of positive test
• Masks will continue to be required in indoor public places until April 28.