To help physicians address the impacts of the August 5, 2021 Order by the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) requiring that all healthcare employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 by September 30, the Cooperative of American Physicians (CAP) offers the following resources:
CAP is encouraging physicians to follow these steps to effectively comply with the order:
- Meet with your employees as a group to inform them of the new requirements and distribute the memo that details the CDPH Order.
- Following that, schedule one-on-one meetings with staff to collect copies of their vaccine records. Keep them in a file separate from their personnel file.
- Make sure that staff members who meet the criteria for vaccination exemption due to a sincerely held religious belief or medical reason complete the declination form.
- Collect a doctor’s note if the employee claims exemption due to a medical reason.
- Remember that employers must pay employees for their time to get weekly testing and pay for the test as well.
- Terminate employees who do not get vaccinated by September 30 and who do not qualify for exemptions by completing the termination letter and notice to employee as to a change in relationship.
CAP, a leading provider of medical malpractice coverage for California physicians, offers a wide array of risk management and practice management benefits, including those that continue to arise as a result of the COVID-19 crisis.
To learn more about becoming a CAP member, please call 800-356-5672 or email MD@CAPphysicians.com. Request an Instant Quote today to see how much you can save on medical malpractice coverage through CAP.