The PASRR is still delayed until May 24, 2020. What does this mean for nursing facilities?
- This means a resident may enter a nursing facility or a nursing facility for mental health without having a PASRR completed first up until MAY 24, 2020
- This means until MAY 24, 2020 you do not have to complete or send in special admissions, except for out of state PASRR, we only need the other states PASRR you do not have to complete section A&B.
- Once the resident enters the building, the AAA must be notified if they do not have a PASRR so that a level I CARE Assessment can be completed or be on the schedule to be completed for them before MAY 24, 2020. If the level I is at least on the schedule for May 24, 2020 or if there is an requested extension from the assessor on file before May 24, 2020 it will not affect your medicaid payment.
- IF the person is going to trigger a level II PASRR. The level I will need to be completed first. The release of information for the Level I assessment will need to be physically signed by the client, DPOA, or Guardian. We are currently working on processing level IIs. We ask that the facilities please assist the AAA assessors in getting the level I’s complete and getting signatures on the release of information.
- If you already have a person in your facility that is a level II and their resident review is due, please complete the resident review checklist and submit all the paperwork to the KDADS CARE program. We are currently working on processing level II’s.
- Please make sure you are in contact with the AAA for the level I, let them know which staff is taking care of it, who they need to be calling, please return their calls, please work out dates and times with them and the family to get these completed.
We are working on updating our COVID 19 Guidance, we are thinking of extending the PASRR out another 30 days. If you have feelings on this, or things we don’t know that we need to know, please reach out to us and let us know. The intent of extending this was to try and alleviate the stress of having to have this done before entering and to alleviate all the special admissions you guys complete and send in. Your thoughts and ideas do matter to us.
CARE Program Manager
Kansas Department for Aging and Disability Services
503 S. Kansas Ave
Topeka, KS 66603