COUNCIL CONNECTIONS FOR AUGUST
What happened to the quiet Boise summers? Wasn’t it supposed to be a time to relax; a time to enjoy this beautiful Treasure Valley, perhaps sneak away for a float on the Boise River, or enjoy a Shakespeare Festival play in the amphitheater; pick some “Idaho Gold” (huckleberries)? Summer of 2022 has been busy for King of Glory!
· We have continued the introduction of the upgraded audio-visual project in the sanctuary and new ways of enhancing our worship experience in the sanctuary. We appreciate those who have offered their services as AV Pilots under the careful guidance of Wes and Dawn Lewis and Matt Lee.
· King of Glory staffing has made significant changes: With the resignation of Megan Rizk, we have hired Diana Shafer as our new Administrative Assistant. We accepted the resignation of Ashlee Wetherington, our bookkeeper so that she could spend more time with her growing family and have hired the services of a local bookkeeping firm. We accepted the resignation of Laurann Taylor our Director of Music, effective in September. Details of filling this position are still being worked on. We will celebrate Laurann’s 23-year ministry with us October 2 in true King of Glory style, complete with the Musikmeisters! And, if you have a “story” this will be the time to roast our beloved Director of Music!
· We prioritized our June visioning retreat and agreed to focus on these priorities:
1. Continue with the “back lot” project of building low income housing units, partnering with the LEAP organization.
2. Engage and Renew the members of King of Glory—to engage and revitalize US as we return to “normal”. Welcome Back Home Again!
3. Work with the Stewardship Committee in developing the first year of the Stewardship for all Seasons program that will expand and energize the ministries of King of Glory.
4. Enhance the “Hybrid church” concept and grow our technology project.
· With the recent break-in, we will be working with the Boise Police Department’s Office of Community Policing to review our security and safety plans. An update: the exterior doors have been re-keyed. If you currently have keys to the church building, you will now need a separate exterior door key in addition to any interior keys you have. Please contact Mary Rickerd to obtain a key.
Financial Update January 1, 2022 – July 31, 2022
Income to Date
Actual Income $240,986
Budgeted Income $242,369 ($1,383 under budgeted estimates)
Expenditures to Date
Actual Expenditures $232,389
Budgeted Expenditures $240,673 ($8,284 under budgeted estimates)
Net Operating Revenue
Actual Net Operating Revenue $8,597
Budgeted Net Operating Revenue $1,696 Over $6,900 budgeted estimates
Thank you for your continued faithful financial support of the ministries of King of Glory.