It's hard to believe that just over a month ago, we gathered for Zimriyah, a virtual celebration of our year of learning and growing. Please enjoy this first Kayitz@Kulanu Update! (
means “summer” in Hebrew)
to the many families who celebrated their children becoming a bar or bat mitzvah!
Over the past month, our teachers and I met for teacher training sessions including joining national webinars. Teachers discussed how best to: keep kids active and connected, make space for social emotional learning, teach with new on-line materials for Hebrew reading, improve our tech-teaching skills using Flipgrid, Zoom breakout rooms, Kahoot and much more! We are getting ready for the fall and preparing even as there is so much unknown
We are excited that on-line registration will soon be available! This launch is a little later than usual as we are building this system for the first-time. Special thanks to Scott Binger for creating this new on-line process and to Joanne Wagner. Thanks for your patience!
Planning and Discussion about Next Year:
Continued Programming and Engagement for Kulanu and TLC Families
- May/June: We sang with Kenny Green, played Israeli Monopoly, cooked together, practiced yoga, folded origami, played family trivia and so much more!!
- July: Please see Fun for Children and Teens with more activities for 4th-12th graders in late June and July.
- Try 15 minutes of Shabbat! 5:30-5:45 pm Shabbat Sha-zoom with Morah Mindy or 6:15-6:30 pm Shabbat Schmooze with communal candle lighting and blessings with our clergy.
- Want a Shabbat morning experience? Join us for Shabbat Morning Services at 9:30 am and help our community celebrate with Bnai Mitzvah families.
- Click here for Shabbat and Worship Programs.
Director of Education