The Holidays are behind us, and we're heading into hibernation weather (as if we haven't been in that mindset for 10+ months already!) Please remember that our retailers and restaurants are relying on us to help them stay in business and survive the economic fallout of the Pandemic.
Here's a list of 10 reasons why we should continue to
LOVE YOUR LOCAL
1. Personal Connection - Getting to know the store & restaurant owners and their employees is a great reason to shop local. It's their business, they are the decision-makers and they build a personal relationship with their customers.
2. Local Investment - Local businesses are less susceptible to national downturns and more likely to work harder to stay open.
3. Locally-Made and Sourced Products - Local business owners often sell local products, which helps to preserve our community's distinction as well as creating more jobs locally.
4. Support for Nonprofits & Schools - Local businesses support good work in our community through their support of our local non-profits and schools.
5. Discover Interesting Things and People - One-of-a-kind shops and restaurants are part of what makes Madison a great place to live and do business.
6. Increased Expertise - Local shop and restaurant owners have to be experts in their field to compete. Use them; ask them questions and get advice about products.
7. Product Knowledge - Local business owners are well informed about their products and know what they are selling.
8. Diverse Products - Local stores carry inventory you probably won't find at national chain stores.
9. Better Service - Local business owners do what they do because they are passionate about their products and typically take more time to get to know their customers.
10. Support Future Growth - Shopping and dining locally is the best way to show pride in our town and help protect the businesses that make Madison unique.