Board Organizational Meeting - December 3rd, 2018
On Monday, December 3rd, the OCDSB held it's annual Board Organizational Meeting.
This is the annual meeting wherein trustees elect a Chair and Vice-Chair along with the appointment of the Boards and Committees.
Trustee Lynn Scott (West Carleton - March/Stittsville/ Rideau- Goulbourn) was elected by fellow trustees to the position of Chair of the Board. Trustee Erica Braunovan (Somerset/Kitchissippi) was elected to the position of Vice-Chair.
Further appointments are as follows:
Zone 1 – Lynn Scott
Zone 2 – Christine Boothby
Zone 3 – Donna Blackburn
Zone 4 – Wendy Hough
Zone 5 – Rob Campbell
Zone 6 – Chris Ellis
Zone 7 – Jennifer Jennekens
Zone 8 – Keith Penny
Zone 9 – Lyra Evans
Zone 10 – Erica Braunovan
Zone 11 - Mark Fisher
Zone 12 – Sandra Schwartz
Board Meeting -
December 11th, 2018
Ministry Consultation on Education in Ontario
Trustees approved the OCDSB draft response to the December 2018 Ministry Consultation for submission to the Ministry of Education.
Indigenous Education Advisory Council (IEAC) Report
It has been determined that IEAC will include:
- Three members representing Elders, Senators, and Traditional Knowledge Keepers;
- Two members representing the First Nations community (inclusive of one member from the Algonquin Nation);
- Two members of the Inuit community;
- Two members of the Métis community;
- One trustee representative;
- One Indigenous education lead ;
- One Superintendent;
- At least two and not more than three student representatives; and
- A maximum of two OCDSB staff members.
Additional information on the Board Meeting can be found