Greetings and Happy New Year. I hope that you all had an enjoyable and safe holiday season. As I reflect on last year, I want to thank you all for your dedication and hard work to make Coeur and Kensington successful. A few of our accomplishments last year include:
- Achieved dramatic improvements in our safety program, including strong performance in our leading safety indicators which translated into decreased injuries
- Completed a major exploration program that targeted existing ore bodies in Elmira, Eureka, Kensington, and Raven along with newer targets at Big Lake and Gold King
- Completed the lower camp infrastructure project finishing the surface shop and erecting the Emergency Response Building
- Received the Final Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement and the Draft Record of Decision from the United States Forest Service (USFS) for our Plan of Operations Amendment 1 (POA 1); POA 1 allows for a potential mine life extension
- Improved our efficiency by completing projects like the ventilation on demand project and initiating engineering on additional energy reducing projects
- Initiated an equipment reliability program to set the site up for future success
- Completed the Elmira feasibility study
Now that 2021 is complete, our focus needs to turn to execution of our strategy in 2022. The site strategy focuses on 4 keys of success:
- Zero harm to people and the environment. We can achieve this goal by ensuring that essential/critical controls are in place to ensure that injuries or environmental incidents can’t take place.
- Execute the plan. Rigorous focus on achieving our production plan is the key to achieving this key to our strategy. This includes looking for opportunities to be more efficient, eliminating equipment damage, operating equipment appropriate to the conditions or work, and helping others complete their jobs.
- Improve the margins. Another area where we need to work together as a team to look for opportunities to innovate and become more efficient. Utilize the Continuous Improvement Board, your supervisor, or meetings to ensure your ideas our heard.
- Grow the business. Support the site exploration programs including drill and underground development programs. These are critical to identifying new ore bodies and extending our mine life.
I’m looking forward to working with you to achieve our plans this year.