Key Points on 2021 Outlook
• The shift from Growth to Value is underway, based on the economy and life getting back to normal.
• The shift is evident in SP 500 EPS estimates of +25% and +15% for 2021 and 2022, respectively.
• We saw strong EPS growth in the 4Q 2020 earnings reports, with 79% positive surprises and 18% negative surprises (Source: Yardeni Research). Expect more positive surprises in the 1Q 2021 reports.
• Overall, market P/E is 22.5x 2021e. CAIM average stock trading at a 20% discount to the market.
• CAIM Dividend Yield is 3.1%, which is 2x the SP 500 at 1.43% and the 10-year Treasury Note at 1.60%.
• Compelling Dividend increases just in the 1Q of 2021 include:
Home Depot (HD, current yield 1.99%) +10.2%
Abbvie (ABBV, current yield 4.55%) +10.3%
Nextra Energy (NEE, current yield, 1.99%) +11.5%
Air Products (APD, current yield, 2.07%) 15.5%