Due to COVID 19 as well as general health concerns please be advised of the well child policy for Kidz Life. This applies to both children coming to Kidz Life as well as our volunteer ministry team. Thank you for being diligent to make sure your child is healthy BEFORE they come to Kidz Life!
Well Child Policy
Our Children’s Ministry is for well children. We love children, but we do not have the facilities or staff to give the separate, special care that sick children need.
If a child has or develops any of the following, we cannot accept him/her into Kidz Life classes:
- Vomiting or diarrhea within the last 24 hours.
- ANY fever over 100.4 F (even if teething)
- Skin rashes or eruptions of unknown origin, including impetigo, measles, chicken pox, etc. If your child contracts any of these and has been in our care, please contact the Kidz Life office immediately.
- Severe or prolonged coughing associated with respiratory infections, including colds, bronchitis, RSV, etc.
- Runny nose with a yellow or green colored discharge, and/or congestion associated with a cough or fever.
- Conjunctivitis or pink eye which may also have a colored discharge or drainage.
- Parasites and forms of lice, mites, or ringworm.
- Draining ears, which are usually infectious and very uncomfortable for the child.
- A child who has been ill may return to our classes if he/she is recovering from an illness the doctor says is no longer contagious, or he/she has been on medication for at least 24 hours.
Additional requests due to COVID-19:
Families need to self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms at home before coming to church. Symptoms may include a fever of 100.4 F or higher, cough or shortness of breath, and a lack of taste and smell.
- If a child has had COVID-19, they must be symptom free for at least 3 DAYS.
- If your child tests positive for COVID-19 (or you suspect they may have contracted it) and has been in our classrooms in the past 14 days, please contact the Kidz Life office immediately.
Teachers: Please note that parents are relying on you to screen sick children and prevent them from exposing other children and teachers by coming into our nurseries and classes. If you suspect a child may be sick, please lovingly explain our well child policy and/or refer parents to Pastor Seth or Deanna.