KCV POOL OPENING REMINDERS:
KCV POOL - OPENING UNDER MODIFIED OPERATIONS
OPENING DAY: WEDNESDAY JUNE 3, 2020
Temporary Hours of Operation until Further Notice:
Tuesday - Sunday 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM and 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Closed daily from 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
The Kirby Creek Village Board of Directors met with
the association attorneys and management company
to consider its options and weigh any responsibilities they would incur when reopening the pool. We have updated the pool rules as well as now require a signed Liability Release Form to enter the pool facility. Both the rules and waiver can be downloaded using the links below if you wish to review. Pool Management will provide waivers for you to sign upon entry, as well, they have posted the updated pool rules on site.
Downloadable Liability Release Form:
Downloadable New Pool Rules:
UPDATED POOL RULES BELOW
Kirby Creek Village Association
c/o BFMC Property Management 8111 LBJ Freeway, Ste. 835 • Dallas, Texas 75251
Phone 972-644-3801 • Fax 972-644-3810 • email@example.com
PHASE 3 KCV POOL RULES (UPDATED 6/12/2020)
# of phases TBD
Pool Hours: 1pm - 4pm and 5pm - 8pm Tuesday-Sunday
CLOSED DAILY FOR CLEANING AND POOL CHEMISTRY CHECKS:
4pm to 5pm
OFFICIAL OPENING DAY: WEDNESDAY JUNE 3, 2020
Our normal bather load capacity defined by the City of Grand Prairie: 48 persons
Texas Capacity Guidelines for Opening: 50% of bather Load: 24 persons
MUST SIGN WAIVER (LIABILITY RELEASE FORM)
TO SIGN A WAIVER AND BE ALLOWED INTO THE POOL FACILITY ALL PERSONS 18 YEARS AND OLDER MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE POOL CARD. IN ADDITION TO AN ACTIVE POOL CARD YOU MUST ALSO HAVE A VALID (NOT EXPIRED) STATE ID WITH HOME ADDRESS MATCHING THE POOL CARD ISSUED TO THE HOME IN KIRBY CREEK VILLAGE.
ONSITE MANAGEMENT HAS BEEN PROVIDED MULTIPLE LISTS AND IF THEY ADVISE THAT YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED YOU MUST CONTACT OUR OFFICES TO OBTAIN AN ACTIVE POOL CARD. ONSITE POOL MANAGEMENT DOES NOT HAVE ACCESS TO POOL CARDS OR ADDITIONAL ACCOUNT INFORMATION.
As Members of the Kirby Creek Homeowners Association, all homeowners and residents share liability for any accident that may occur in the pool area. These rules supersede all other posted rules until further notice. It is to your benefit to follow these rules so a safe swimming experience is ensured.
1. Pool restricted to Residents only! NO GUESTS OF ANY RESIDENT WILL BE PERMITTED INTO THE FACILITY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
2. NO person under 18 years of age allowed without parent or guardian. Valid state ID for all those 18 or older required. STRICTLY ENFORCED
3. Proper swim wear only, NO cut-offs, NO diapers of any kind allowed in the pool or pool area.
4. NO person with skin abrasions, open sores, cuts, skin disease, eye disease, nasal or ear discharge, or communicable disease allowed in pool facility.
5. NO person shall alter or remove safety equipment (Ring Buoy and Shepherd’s Crook) except in a bona fide emergency. These are for emergencies only and are NOT toys. People violating this rule will be asked to leave the pool. Continued violation will result in suspension of pool privileges.
6. NO person is allowed to play with the weir gates located inside the skimmer wells. This equipment helps the pool skim dirt from the surface of the water and keeps the pool clean. Those found removing these Gates and destroying the flotation foam will be asked to leave the pool.
7. NO sharp objects or glass of any kind are allowed in the pool or pool area.
8. NO pets allowed in the pool or pool area.
9. NO running, rough play, ball playing, pushing, or wrestling in the pool or pool area.
10. NO diving, NO Flips, NO Jumping of any kind into the pool. Due to the size and minimal depth of the pool these restrictions are for your safety. You will be asked to leave the facility immediately.
11. NO profanity or obscene language allowed.
12. NO eating, drinking or smoking in the pool. No outside food or beverages besides water is allowed in the pool or pool facility.
13. NO barbeque grills.
14. When the gate is locked, the pool is closed, this includes the temporary hours of operation. The pool is closed on a regular maintenance schedule or for other maintenance or regulatory reasons. Stay out of the pool and pool area when it is closed. Crawling under or climbing over the fence in order to enter the pool area is considered trespassing. Trespassers will be prosecuted.
15. NO water toys permitted. Floats and rafts ARE allowed in the pool, this includes Coast Guard approved life jackets. No skate boards, skates, roller blades, or bicycles allowed in the pool or pool area.
16. The pool and pool area are not to be used by any clubhouse renter or their guests (CLUBHOUSE IS TEMPORARILY CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE).
17. Restrooms will be open, one person use at a time unless a guardian is taking a child to use the facilities. Please towel dry before entering the restrooms and wear shoes.
18. The pool gate is not to be tampered with at any time. A waiver (Liability Release Form) is required for entry. Pool monitors will process entry of all residents. Please be patient, monitors will be checking owner ID’s and accounts.
Your account must be in good standing and you must sign the waiver to gain entry. If you have already signed a waiver you are still required to check in and be processed by the monitors every time you enter the pool facility.
At this time one waiver, (Liability Release Form) per person 18 years or older is required.
This is subject to change at any time. Notice will be posted if restrictions change, or if updated waivers are required. If a new family member is entering the pool facility and their name is not already listed on a signed waiver you will be required to add them to the Liability Release Form. It is recommended to add all family members at one time to speed up the entry process.
Anyone found holding the gate open, or manually pushing the EXIT button to allow people into the pool area will be asked to leave the facility immediately, your card and signed waiver will be suspended and you will be reported to the management office for further review of privileges.
19. One allowed entry per day per resident. Swim time is no longer restricted to one hour, however, if occupancy is met and a line forms we ask residents to be considerate of others who wish to swim.
20. Furniture has been removed, permanent furniture will be roped off for public use. You may bring in your own chairs for use while you swim.
21. Please consider the following before coming to the pool facility:
Hand Hygiene and Respiratory Etiquette:
We encourage all patrons, and swimmers to wash their hands often and cover their coughs and sneezes.
Cloth Face Coverings:
We encourage the use of cloth face coverings as feasible. Face coverings are most essential in times when physical distancing is difficult. When wearing face coverings do not wear them in the water. Cloth face coverings can be difficult to breathe through when they’re wet. Pool monitors are not advised to enforce as they are not licensed health professionals.
We are requesting patrons, and swimmers to stay home (if they have symptoms of COVID-19, have tested positive for COVID-19, or were exposed to someone with COVID-19 within the last 14 days) and until they have been given medical clearance to discontinue isolation.
Onsite Management (Pool Monitors) have been advised to shut down the pool facility when they deem necessary for the safety of them, our vendors, and residents.
Onsite Management (Pool Monitors) will not address accounting issues, you must call the management office or email them during normal business hours.
Onsite Management (Pool Monitors) will not answer questions regarding the waiver (Liability Release Form), you must call the management office or email them during normal business hours.
We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we do our best to open the pool facility during the COVID-19 Pandemic reopening process. Please social distance while waiting in line to enter the facility.
Created: May 2020 Updated: June 12, 2020
Reminder as to why we had to update the pool rules please see below:
Under current state requirements the pool occupancy must not exceed 50%. The association pool will be open for two separate swim blocks. The pool will close promptly at 4:00pm daily and reopen at 5:00pm. We request that you respect the time and vacate the area at closure so that the staff can clean the restrooms and test the pool chemicals to make sure it is ready for reopening at 5:00pm.
The CDC encourages social distancing, and cloth masks, this will not be enforced by association staff as they are not medical professionals. These are CDC recommendations and we ask that you please respect other residents space when visiting the pool.
The KCV pool occupancy bather load as identified by the City of Grand Prairie is 48 people. We understand the pool area is very large, the pool itself is not that large and occupancy is based on water surface area. Therefore, under current restrictions only 24 people may enter the pool facility for use at any time, this does not include the two pool monitors.
You will be required to sign a waiver (Liability Release Form) to enter the pool facility whether you intend to swim or not. The form link will be posted at the bottom of this announcement.
The Association will not put out any furniture at this time. Permanent furniture will be roped off until further notice. Toys will not be permitted, however we do now allow floats. Food or drink will not be allowed inside the facility with the exception of water. You can bring your own chair if you would like. Any items left behind will be thrown away.
All adults 18 and older will be required to show a valid state identification, pool management staff will verify that your account is current, you have an active pool card, and that you have filled out a waiver to enter the pool facility. If you do not have an active pool card you will be asked to leave and contact the association management office. The best way to reach the management office is via email, please make sure to include your address and a good contact number.
At this time the Association requests that only residents use the pool during the this phase of reopening. In time the pool may open up to residents and their guests, but for the time being
guests are allowed.
We ask that you please respect other KCV residents as they will likely want to swim as well. We have lifted the restriction on swim times for residents. We only ask that you please be considerate of other residents if you see a line form due to reaching the 24 person occupancy limit. This request is at the direction of the Board of Directors. Our goal is that these times can increase as well as the occupancy numbers, however for now we are restricted to the current occupancy guidelines in place by the Governor and the City of Grand Prairie. When it comes to occupancy restrictions, please note that if the Governor of the state of Texas increases the occupancy levels we at Kirby Creek Village must go by what the City of Grand Prairie says. So if the City of Grand Prairie does not extend and increase occupancy numbers then we are required to follow what they advise until further notice.
Please note that the pool will continue to remain closed on Mondays as that is when our vendor comes out to mow.
We will keep in constant contact with the City of Grand Prairie as we proceed through the pool season. If modifications to restrictions become available we will work with the Board of Directors and Association Attorneys to reevaluate our current plan of action. Updates will be posted on the website, sent via the newsletter and posted at the pool facility.