MAINTAINING A HEALTHY COMMUNITY
We are grateful that we are able to begin the school year with the benefit of gained knowledge about best practices to mitigate Covid-19, and clear guidelines (here) for how to proceed should we have positive cases, something we as a worldwide community could not say just two years ago!
· Vaccines remain the most important defense against severe illness.
· Routine asymptomatic testing is no longer recommended.
· If Covid-positive, please remain in isolation for 5 days then return masked for the next 5 days.
· Please inform Nurse Kaddy Turner of all positive cases.
· Quarantine is no longer recommended for those exposed to COVID. Masks are recommended after an exposure, with testing on the 5th day after exposure. · Remember, testing is available to students at any time.
· Masking is optional for students and staff.
· Hand hygiene remains our best defense against the spread of germs.
· If sick in any way, please stay home.
Students who have been absent from school or have been feeling unwell should stay home. Students should be fever-free for 24hrs with improving symptoms before returning to school. As a reminder, if your son has any COVID symptoms (cough, congestion, sore throat, fatigue, headache, fever, nausea, vomiting, etc.), he should remain at home and obtain a COVID test. In addition to a few COVID cases, there has been an upper respiratory infection going around school in the past week affecting many students. Please remind and encourage your son to cover coughs, wash hands frequently, dispose of tissues properly, and avoid sharing drinks with others.