JUNE 17, 2021, ST. JOSEPH, MI - Krasl Art Center (KAC) will hold its nationally recognized Krasl Art Fair on the Bluff presented by 1st Source Bank Wealth Advisory Services, July 10 and 11 in St. Joseph, MI. Organizers are excited to host 155 world-class artists and fair visitors in person in Lake Bluff Park, Saint Joseph.
Saturday, July 10 from 10 a.m.- 6 p.m.
Sunday, July 11 from 10 a.m.- 5 p.m.
“Safety for our artists, art fair goers, and community was the top priority as we put together plans for this year’s event,” said Julia Gourley Donohue, KAC executive director. “With restrictions relaxed just last month, we are able to lift capacity limits, and relax entrance time requirements. We look forward to welcoming the community to picturesque Lake Bluff Park."
Julia said that the quality of art at this year's fair will not change. But this year's event has been streamlined and there are some changes to arrival. Event organizers have provided the information below to help visitors navigate this year’s art fair:
- For the first time, this is a gated event. Tickets are $5 per attendee, ages 2 years and up. Tickets must be reserved for children under 2 for free. To enter the fair, visitors are encouraged to purchase tickets in advance. Information on complimentary tickets is available at krasl.org.
General Admission Tickets are available for purchase via Ticketspice at Krasl.org.
- Although only timed tickets are available at Ticketspice, entrance times will not be enforced unless in the unlikely event that capacity limits are again required by Michigan COVID-19 guidelines. Otherwise, guests will be welcome any time during the day of their ticket.
How to purchase tickets in advance:
Day-of admission availability (pending any unexpected state restrictions):
- Walk-up tickets ($5) can be purchased via mobile phone or at merchandise stations along Lake Boulevard at Ship Street, Broad Street, and Park Street.
- A limited number of VIP Patron Packages are available exclusively to new and current KAC members. These packages give unlimited access to the fair throughout the weekend, early entrance at 9 a.m. on Saturday, no waiting in check-in lines, a parking pass, a commemorative pin, access to a Patron Lounge, and a gift card to Waterfront Framing & Design.
Patron Packages and general admission tickets can be reserved and purchased through Ticketspice. Links are available at Krasl.org.
Patron Package Link: https://kraslartcenter.ticketspice.com/krasl-art-fair-on-the-bluff-2021-patron-packages
Ticket Holders check-in upon arrival. Check-in stations are along Lake Boulevard at Broad, Park, and Ship Streets. Here, ticket-holders will receive a sticker granting all-day reentry access to the event.
- Proceeds from ticket sales will help fund next year’s 60th Krasl Art Fair on the Bluff and KAC's year-round exhibitions and programs.
This year’s guidebook will be published in the July 3 issue of the MailMax. A limited quantity of the issue will be available at the fair, and an online PDF will be available at krasl.org beginning July 3.
The Krasl Art Fair will host the Artist Award Ceremony virtually via YouTube Live on Sunday, July 10 at 9:15 AM. Bookmark this link and join us Sunday morning as we present 13 category winners and the Best in Show award: https://youtu.be/Xt1784SfhJQ
Admission-free Activities at Krasl Art Center:
Art-making activities will take place in the East Garden under Prismatic Hope, an outdoor art installation and studio space.
- The KAC Ceramic Guild, Faculty and Water Street Glassworks will hold demonstrations and sell locally-made artworks on KAC’s Oval Lawn.
- Beverages from Forté Coffee will be available for purchase.
KAC’s free & open to the public galleries will feature BLOW UP II: Inflatable Contemporary Art, and a miniature exhibition dedicated to KAC’s founder, Olga Krasl, is on-view in KAC’s community lounge.
If you’re ready to get involved in this year’s event and want to connect with other people in the community who love the arts, volunteers are needed! To learn how you can help, visit https://krasl.org/art-fair/volunteer-at-krasl-art-fair-on-the-bluff/. As a “Thank You” for volunteering at the Krasl Art Fair on the Bluff, all volunteers receive (1) complimentary ticket to the art fair on the day of your choosing.
Order your 2021 Krasl Art Fair on the Bluff souvenirs now! Shirts, beverage koozies, and aprons are available at https://krasl.org/art-fair/event-information/ for early purchase. The online store will remain up through July 18 - allow up to 7 days for shipping. Additional merchandise including magnets, hats, a limited supply of crew-neck t-shirts, and the fine art poster will be available for purchase during the event.
“This wouldn’t be possible without the support of our community and the artists, but we are especially appreciative of 1st Source Bank’s commitment to sponsor the 2021 Art Fair as well as our 60th anniversary Fair in 2022,” said Julia. “There is incredible energy and excitement knowing we can safely celebrate the arts this year and into the future.”
In addition to 1st Source Bank Wealth Advisory Services, Krasl Art Center thanks the additional community sponsors who have made the 2021 fair possible:
Signature Dealer Group, Waterfront Framing & Design, Pepsi Beverage Company, MailMax, and 98.3 The Coast
The AEP Foundation, Aisle Rocket, and Southwest Michigan Tourist Council
Forte Coffee, Pier 33, South Bend Tribune, and Wightman & Associates
2021 Artist Award categories underwriters are listed below. If you are interested in underwriting or co-underwriting the available artist awards, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Clay - United Federal Credit Union & Alice Prickett
- Digital - Parrett Company
- Drawing - AVAILABLE
- Fibers - Ibid County Electric
- Functional 3D - McGuire’s Professional Construction
- Glass - Lisa Pierce
- Jewelry - DLZ Michigan
- Metal - Kai Steele Dentistry
- Mixed Media 2D - Vans Medical Equipment
Mixed Media 3D - State Farm Insurance/Jonah McDonough, Agent (Second underwriter available)
- Painting - Schu’s Grill & Bar
Photography - Twin City Camera Club (Second underwriter available)
Printmaking - Box Factory for the Arts (Second underwriter available)
- Sculpture - The Livery Microbrewery
- Wood - Priebes Woodworking
- KAC Board Choice - Krasl Art Center
Krasl Art Center is pleased to bring business to Southwest Michigan hotels, businesses, and restaurants. Community members are excited to welcome back the Art Fair! Below are resources to help plan your trip:
Krasl Art Center is committed to providing as much information as possible to the public, and we appreciate your assistance in sharing our message. Please send all media inquiries to Marketing and Events Manager, Matthew Bizoe at email@example.com. More information about the event - including a sign-up for dedicated art fair updates - can be found at krasl.org.