• Web-based permitting and electronic plan review are coming soon! Look out for L&I attendance at an upcoming industry event and L&I information sessions-coming soon- to learn more and provide feedback.

  • Online licensing activity through eCLIPSE continues to climb. 63% of trade licenses were renewed online since March!
  • If you haven’t signed up yet for eCLIPSE, you will get the identification code you need to register online with your 2017 trade license renewal invoice. Don’t want to wait? Call 311 and request your eCLIPSE registration identification code.

  • Tell your colleagues! Tell your friends! Getting a new or renewal license online through eCLIPSE means that you wait less so that you can do more!

  • Under the new state law, as of November 13 the PA UCC service fee on each permit has increased from $4.00 to $4.50.

  • Mayor Kenney signed an Executive Order on August 17, 2017 to establish a Plumbing Advisory Board charged with recommending a new Philadelphia Plumbing Code based upon the International Pluming Code. Stay tuned for progress updates.
  • As of October 1, 2017, all sewer lateral permits are issued by the Philadelphia Water Department. L+I continues to issue plumbing permits for drainage components between the curb and the building.

  • Code Bulletin B-0702, Party Wall Extensions, has been retired and removed from the list of active Code Bulletins. Information on the treatment of party walls may be found within Code Bulletin A-1701.

  • Don't forget to visit our Code Bulletin page to review any new Code Solutions, which are designed to answer your frequently asked questions.


  •  Remember eCLIPSE can now meet all of your licensing needs – business, trade, new and renewals!

  • The grace period for the imposition of interest and penalties on late license renewals will be ending soon. Please renew your license on time to avoid additional charges.

  • Effective January 1, 2018, the Department will no longer accept license applications or renewals via postal mail. After that time, all applications must be submitted through eCLIPSE or in person at the Public Services Concourse of the Municipal Services Building. 
Tell us how we are doing by completing an online survey